Menu
    •  JackJack
    • Astra are meant to be really good. I know what you mean though, theres metal/doom/psych but not much straight up rock yet
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      Fatso Jetson!

FUCK YES!!!! :)

Missed seeing them at Dynamo in '99 and have regretted it since! :cry:

Hope that when Brant tours rounds Roadburn, he doubles up with Fatso Jetson!
    •  JackJack
    • Fatso Jetson are touring but it doesnt fit in with my fest, boo. I may try and book them anyway, perhaps in an interesting venue
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      Fatso Jetson are touring but it doesnt fit in with my fest, boo. I may try and book them anyway, perhaps in an interesting venue

That'd be cool, should be more love for Fatso Jetson. Think will be spinning Cruel & Delicious later on!
    •  mambamamba
    • roadburn says:
      To all Roadburn acolytes: tickets for Roadburn 2010 will go on sale Saturday, November 28th, 10:00 Central European Time.

3-day passes will cost € 145, plus services fees. Single day tickets will not be available. Experience shows that an overwhelming majority of people want to enjoy the entire Roadburn Festival experience instead of limiting their visit to Thursday, Friday or Saturday only.

In the wake of the ticket mayhem prior to Roadburn 2009, we explored several possibilities for avoiding secondary ticketing. Unfortunately, we cannot prevent it from happening. We also noticed that all ticket outlets in the Netherlands cannot prevent scalpers from reselling tickets. A personal registration system for selling tickets was ultimately rejected. To do so would have required raising the ticket price even more, which simply was not an option.

Secondly, as much as we recognize the negative impact of scalping and strongly oppose the practice, it is not against the law to resell tickets in the Netherlands. The Dutch government has been dragging its heels on the ticket scalping issue for years. However, in an attempt to prevent unscrupulous brokers from interfering with Roadburn, we have set a two ticket limit per buyer for 3-day passes.

Roadburn Festival 2010
      April 15-16-17, 2010

3-Day passes: € 145
      + service fees
      2 ticket limit for 3-day passes

Roadburn Afterburner
      April 20, 2010

1-Day pass: € 20
      + service fees
      2 ticket limit for Afterburner passes

Roadburn does not make a profit on the festival. Every ticket must be sold in order for the event to break even.

BUY YOUR TICKETS ON LINE:
      This year, if you wish to buy your tickets online you will need a valid credit card. The authorized online ticket site is Ticketmaster.nl
      We strongly advise against buying your tickets from other (online) ticket services. Counterfeit tickets will not be accepted.

Attention online buyers: be sure to create your Ticketmaster.nl account in advance. That way you can save your information and avoid extra time-consuming steps when you log on to purchase your tickets when they go on sale on November 28th.
    •  mambamamba
    • Officially confirmed bands:

roadburn says:
      Thursday, April 15th, 013 venue & Midi Theatre:

Goatsnake
      Enslaved
      Sons of Otis
      Yob
      Mouth of the Architect
      Kylesa
      Øresund Space Collective
      Bong
      The Wounded Kings

Friday, April 16th - Tom Gabriel Warrior's Only Death Is Real (013 venue):

Triptykon
      Thorr's Hammer
      Trinacria

Dream of an Opium Eater

Friday, April 16th - Roadburn Festival, Midi Theatre:

Comus
      Karma To Burn
      Master Musicians of Bukkake
      Church of Misery

Saturday, April 17th, 013 venue & Midi Theatre:
      Enslaved / Shining (NO) - playing The Armageddon Concerto
      Shrinebuilder
      Candlemass 25th Anniversary show, including Epicus Doomicus Metallicus in it's entirety
      Nachtmystium Performing a unique-to-Roadburn set of their more psychedelic inspired material

Yob
      Sons of Otis
      Brant Bjork & The Bros

Moss
      Yakuza
      Altar of Plagues

Astra
      Fatso Jetson
      The Gates of Slumber
      Horisont
      The Lamp of Thoth

I'm becoming less and less excited about this lineup as more bands are announced. I might not bother if I can see the bands I want to see in the UK around the same time.
    •  JackJack
    • Same here, i was thinking a few more straight up rockers would appear on the bill, its leaning more and more towards doom/death/weirdness
    •  MazzMazz
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      Same here, i was thinking a few more straight up rockers would appear on the bill, its leaning more and more towards doom/death/weirdness

fuck doom/death/weirdness, fuck it in the assssssss
    •  alanalan
    • Mazz says:
      Jack Dickinson says:
      Same here, i was thinking a few more straight up rockers would appear on the bill, its leaning more and more towards doom/death/weirdness

Ah, glad I'm not the only one not particularly won over.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I think you should all bombard Walter en masse with requests to have Grifter playing to add the rock...you all know it makes sense!!!
    •  MazzMazz
    • alan says:
      Mazz says:
      Jack Dickinson says:

I don't mind doom/death/weirdness.
    •  JackJack
    • Id like to see these bands:

Yob
      Sons of Otis
      Brant Bjork & The Bros
      Goatsnake
      Comus
      Karma To Burn
      Church of Misery
      Astra
      Fatso Jetson
      Shrinebuilder
    •  mambamamba
    • Snap. And I'm not that bothered about some of them.
    •  alanalan
    • Mazz says:
      alan says:
      Mazz says:
      Jack Dickinson says:

At the risk of being crucified for saying this, there's just a lot on the bill I'm not really familiar with.
    •  JackJack
    • I like doom but more psychedelic kind of doom. Things like enslaved etc do nothing for me
    •  MazzMazz
    • alan says:
      Mazz says:
      alan says:
      Mazz says:
      Jack Dickinson says:

At the risk of being crucified for saying this, there's just a lot on the bill I'm not really familiar with.

WHAT??? ARRRGGHHH
    •  PodgePodge
    • Tom was telling me that this costs a fortune this year, something like £120, thats twice the amount it cost 3 years ago
    •  RamoRamo
    • Was it not a two-day ticket then with separate tickets for afterburner? compared to four day tickets now.

There is nothing quite like the roadburn festival happening anywhere else in europe, how people can complain about the line up confounds me, every year i go i'm more impressed by the bands i didn't know than the ones i've seen before. I'd travel for Goatsnake and Yob alone (two bands i'd written off seeing live a long time ago), true there's not as much psych this year but the line-up is still in its infancy, the only thing for certain is that only excellent bands get picked.
    •  JackJack
    • Dixie Witch and House Of Broken Promises added
    •  mambamamba
    • That's more like it, but for that's for the Afterburner and I might have an exam on the Tuesday after Roadburn. Oops. :s

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Roadburn 2010