Them Crooked Vultures

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • Anyone else excited about these?

Josh Homme + Dave Grohl + John Paul Jones
      This clip sounds HOT bit.ly/Yq8OV

Fixed url - Ben
      [Edited by Ben at 17:09 on 07/09/09]
    •  JackJack
    • yes but could be either awesome which it should be or totally underwhelming, have to wait and see
    •  mambamamba
    • Yep. The hype machine is certainly working on me. I'll be doing everything in my powers to get a ticket for their rumoured London show next week (but will probably fail).

This is about the best footage yet.
      [Edited by mamba at 07:39 on 21/08/09]
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • yeah I reckon it's gonna be good. The few seconds I've heard so far has wet my whistle.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • They're playing reading/leeds
    •  mambamamba
    • That's the rumour.

This is the first year I'm not going for the weekend since '97 and it looks like they'll be playing Reading on the Saturday, while I'll be there on the Friday.

I might try and pick up a day ticket off ebay next week.
    •  mambamamba
    • Some reasonable quality clips compiled here
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I'm still so excited about this band I might have wee-ed on someone.
    •  mambamamba
    • Saw these at Reading yesterday. Was pretty cool to be there but wasn't mindblowing.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • mamba says:
      Saw these at Reading yesterday. Was pretty cool to be there but wasn't mindblowing.

I have a feeling this band are for chin-stroking musos based on all the video clips I've seen, heh heh
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Dave Grohl. Meh. too good/not very good?
    •  mambamamba
    • They're playing Hammersmith Apollo in December. I won't be rushing to get tickets.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • J Parker says:
      Dave Grohl. Meh. too good/not very good?

He can play those fucking drums though eh?
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • The hype behind em is crazy! Few bits have heard and bootlegs sound OK, but £30 and over for the UK dates before booking fees, etc....?? :rolleyes:

That's a lot of money, especially when the album's not even out yet, had there been somewhere bit closer than the dates that have been announced don't think would've been tempted!
      [Edited by Smockboy25 at 09:00 on 03/09/09]
    •  alanalan
    • I'm curious, but I'm not exactly expecting to be blown away. For £30 I do believe they can bollocks though.
    •  mambamamba
    • They were good at Reading. Real tight and JPJ was amazing. I'm bored of the hype now though.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Did anyone actually manage to get tix for the UK dates?! Was sold out in microseconds from what i can gather.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Them Crooked Vultures