Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

The ROTTINGHAM weekender

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • thanks dude.

still don't know what that is.

i like chips and girls and am probably not cut out for this kind of thing.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • It's the very much missed weekender that Andy and co. used to put on at the old angel.
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Sorry fellas. Sourvein MIGHT still be playing for The Old Angel on the Sunday. Will find out for ye.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • I'm going to head to at least one of the Sourvein shows on this tour.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Donny says:
      It's the very much missed weekender that Andy and co. used to put on at the old angel.

thanks the whip.

jah love
    •  EggyEggy
    • Seeing that i couldn't make Rottingham i'm a lttle relieved that i'm not missing it now, be great if andy does a EWH/F type shenanigan some time when i'm not at a wedding.
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Well we technically still have to room booked for both 28th and 1st so we will be able to sort something out anyway, it just won't be as good obviously because it'd have to be a case of relying on the door money to pay the bands.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • If you'll put us on, 'Witz can play for free on the Saturday. We'd obviously like to cover our petrol costs but we appreciate that other bands might have travelled further and rented vans so it's not really that big of an issue. If anything is going to be arranged let us know!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Sent you a PM Dan. Koresh more than happy to play for free. But as with the 'witz Saturday would be better for us.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • Dan Quaid says:
      Well we technically still have to room booked for both 28th and 1st so we will be able to sort something out anyway, it just won't be as good obviously because it'd have to be a case of relying on the door money to pay the bands.

A few of us from London were coming up for this, train tickets and accommodation all sorted, so if something is still happening that would be good!!
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • There will definitely be something on the Saturday. Just a case of who and what really.
    • what a shame, but I completely sympathise - tough times ahead for all...
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • ms tinnitus says:
      what a shame, but I completely sympathise - tough times ahead for all...

Cheers. It's happened to another couple of old boys down here today. Total bollox!

Something is still happening on the 28th. Drunken Bastard, Teratoid, Koresh, Purenegative (ex-Labrat, Kingsize Blues, Ted Maul - first gig) plus a few more will be playing
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Any room for us on any gig happening that weekend? We'll happily play for nought and go triple balls-out, just for the occasion!
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Of course mate. Drop us a message at the rottingham myspace page and we'll sort it.
    • Dan,
      My friends and I have decided to still come up - could you possibly confirm what bands you have lined up so far? I keep hearing different things.
      cheers!
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Anyone know of any bands that wanna play on 28th that'd fit that bill? Need a band to go on first and one to go on last, plus probably one to go in between.

There'll be no guarantees as we'll have to rely on door money like but all door money will go to the bands.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - The ROTTINGHAM weekender