Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Mantra 6th June w/Gentlemans Pistols/Winters/Ahymsa/Grifter

•  OllieOllie
    • Cheers guys, there's nowt worse than trakking right across the country, forking out a fortune in fuel to play for 3 people. Be nice to have a crowd there as we plan to go for broke and take the roof off the place...you will be encouraged to drink, shout, dance, fuck and maybe even sing. We'll give you a fun 30 minutes.
    •  JackJack
    • I aint fucking no one i the fiddlers, some hygiene issues there:D
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Hoping to be putting in an appearance for this.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Donny says:

Hoping to be putting in an appearance for this.

Cool, be early!!!
    •  JackJack
    • bump needed
    •  OllieOllie
    • Cheers Jack...looks like we'll have a nice little crowd there now. We'll be playing a couple of new tunes that I guarantee will change the way you walk!!! We'll do them at the end for any latecomers.
    •  JackJack
    • Is it like the Genesis song, my walk changed after that
    •  OllieOllie
    • Fortunately they're fuck all like the Genesis song...if they were I'd happily kneel on the floor and allow the entire crowd to kick me repeatedly in the head until I have to spend the rest of my days strapped to a chair, communicating by blinking and unable to eat solids!!!

Early Genesis however, before they bought suits and still did 20 minute epics about weeds rules!!!
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Shitcunt- just realised this is 2morrow!! witchsorrow practice night!
    •  CareyCarey
    • in rubbish news, i'm not going to this any more, as my intended host broke his ankle while on holiday. oh well.
    •  JackJack
    • whaaaaaaaaat
    •  CareyCarey
    • sorry. i'm disappointed but with all the stuff i have to do this month it's probably for the best. it'll just make the alldayer all the sweeter.
    •  mambamamba
    • Boooo! Rubbish.
    •  GrahamGraham
    • Ollie says:

Yeah it's a shame after travelling for 5 hours we may end up playing to no-one but there you go...we do it for the rock!!! I'm supposed to have some people showing up but I have a feeling as they may not be able to get there on time they may not bother coming...shame.

Hmm..You make a valid point dude- you guys are travelling pretty far to play. Let me see what I can figure out..

Jack- answer your phone! :)
    •  GrahamGraham
    • Tonight tonight tonight tonight!!!!!
    •  OllieOllie
    • Really sorry to have to do this but we aren't going to be able to make this tonight. Our bassist Phil has been suffering from a nasty viral infection in his stomach and has taken a turn for the worse today, he's been placed on bed rest by his doctor.

We played Exeter last night and he was struggling then, it may have been the final straw for him, as it is he's unable to take any fluid but water and can't eat very much.

Trust me, we are gutted about this, particularly Phil as he was doing everything this morning to try and get himself fit to play. It's not in any of our natures to blow out a gig so I can only assume Phil is in a really bad way...basically any of us would have to be half dead to not do a gig.

We promise to make this up in bucket loads at the all dayer where we'll be out for blood. Tonight will still be a great evening with great bands so please enjoy it and support Mantra. Hopefully we'll be able to do another Mantra night another time.
    •  mambamamba
    • :(
    •  JackJack
    • Gutted:(
    •  mambamamba
    • Still... Gentlemans Pistols! :D

But no Grifter. :(
    •  OllieOllie
    • Believe me, we are absolutely fucking gutted about this...apart from the all dayer this is the gig we've been looking forward to most this year so far.

If I know Phil he'll be in bed now feeling like the biggest cunt on earth and probably more devastated than the rest of us that he's let everyone down. The fact is, if he's ill then he's ill and his health is more important...and Phil isn't the type of guy to let ilness get in his way usually, if he's bed been ordered bed rest then you can guarantee he's in a bad way.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Mantra 6th June w/Gentlemans Pistols/Winters/Ahymsa/Grifter