Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Mantra 6th June w/Gentlemans Pistols/Winters/Ahymsa/Grifter

•  JackJack
    • and Winters! but no grifter:( We'll raise a drink in their honour
    •  mambamamba
    • Ollie says:

apart from the all dayer this is the gig we've been looking forward to most this year so far.

Aren't you forgetting Swindon?

Of course Phil's health is most important mate... see you in August! :D
    •  OllieOllie
    • I've booked a half day from work today to come and do this...still taking it as I'm too fucking gutted to work. It's a lovely sunny day down here so I'm going to sit in my garden and drown my sorrows.
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Ollie says:

Really sorry to have to do this but we aren't going to be able to make this tonight. Our bassist Phil has been suffering from a nasty viral infection in his stomach and has taken a turn for the worse today, he's been placed on bed rest by his doctor.

We played Exeter last night and he was struggling then, it may have been the final straw for him, as it is he's unable to take any fluid but water and can't eat very much.

Trust me, we are gutted about this, particularly Phil as he was doing everything this morning to try and get himself fit to play. It's not in any of our natures to blow out a gig so I can only assume Phil is in a really bad way...basically any of us would have to be half dead to not do a gig.

We promise to make this up in bucket loads at the all dayer where we'll be out for blood. Tonight will still be a great evening with great bands so please enjoy it and support Mantra. Hopefully we'll be able to do another Mantra night another time.

Bless him - we love Phil!!! Tell him I hope he gets better soon, and give him a big hug from me!!
    •  MazzMazz
    • mamba says:

Ollie says:

apart from the all dayer this is the gig we've been looking forward to most this year so far.

Aren't you forgetting Swindon?

Of course Phil's health is most important mate... see you in August! :D

..and Bath.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:

Believe me, we are absolutely fucking gutted about this...apart from the all dayer this is the gig we've been looking forward to most this year so far.

If I know Phil he'll be in bed now feeling like the biggest cunt on earth and probably more devastated than the rest of us that he's let everyone down. The fact is, if he's ill then he's ill and his health is more important...and Phil isn't the type of guy to let ilness get in his way usually, if he's bed been ordered bed rest then you can guarantee he's in a bad way.

Give him some speed and a bottle of rum. That should sort him out.

"Speed and Rum Speed and Rum....that's right...Speed and Rum"

•  DonnyDonny
    • Sorry chaps, I shall be going to a Bar-b-que this evening. As it's free and I'm broke and have donnington coming up...

Have a wicked time everyone!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i'm still tapping this ass...
    •  mambamamba
    • bad admiral says:

i'm still tapping this ass...

Good man! I was starting to think it was just me and Jack!
    •  JackJack
    • Isa's coming along too
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • Fucking gutted Grifter were a no-show and no Carey either. Still, t'was a good night nonetheless. Winters were nothing like the last time I saw them, so I'm thinking that I've mixed them up with some other band. Shit happens when you're a beer-drinking fool
    •  CareyCarey
    • yeah, i really am sorry! shame about grifter too.
    •  JackJack
    • Pistols were great last night. Went to the Crobar after and got drunk with Isa and Mamba, jaiger bombs!
    •  seansean
    • Ollie says:

Believe me, we are absolutely fucking gutted about this...apart from the all dayer this is the gig we've been looking forward to most this year so far.

If I know Phil he'll be in bed now feeling like the biggest cunt on earth and probably more devastated than the rest of us that he's let everyone down. The fact is, if he's ill then he's ill and his health is more important...and Phil isn't the type of guy to let ilness get in his way usually, if he's bed been ordered bed rest then you can guarantee he's in a bad way.

wish him well from the domes
    • gentleman's pistols were unreal. even ferdy enjoyed himself and he's proper po faced.
    •  JackJack
    • Alex amp thought that Ferdy was your boyfriend:D
    • it's been said before.

that night actually, by someone else. i'll tell him that. it'll ruin his day!
    •  JackJack
    • what a lovely couple:D

Twas a fun night, much beer drunk
    •  OllieOllie
    • Phil's on the mend, been resting up for the weekend. He reckons he had some sort of reaction to the antibiotic so hopefully he'll be back up and running soon.
    •  JackJack
    • Ollie says:

Phil's on the mend, been resting up for the weekend. He reckons he had some sort of reaction to the antibiotic so hopefully he'll be back up and running soon.

good stuff

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Mantra 6th June w/Gentlemans Pistols/Winters/Ahymsa/Grifter