Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

HEAVY band you want to see in Sheff

•  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Tom P says:

Its ludicrous. Where are all the sludge bands who'll play just for the craic? Sheffield should be awash with nasty bastards peddling the heavy but its all fancy-ass indie bollocks with tinny tone and too much delay.

Don't mean to be harsh on people who like that stuff but that's the way it is.

Depressingly this
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Most of the sludge bands can be found about 5-8 years ago, all trying to be Iron Monkey and failing.

Depressing, but true. The price you pay for not being fashionable (for a relative value of fashionable). Not that Sheffield was ever particularly awash with heavy bands.
    •  PetePete
    • Off top of me head, some Brit bands I'd love to see here in Sheff (that I haven't seen here before):

The Heads
      Diagonal
      Chrome Hoof
      White Fang
      Invasion
      Old Basford
      Gonga
      Battlewitch
      Bong
      Shit and Shine
      Analysis of Bison Kills
      Gorse

All, probably, in cost range, and also in the other thread I just posted in which I apologise for.
    •  PodgePodge
    • lets do an alldayer with that lineup. it would slay and not a single sheffield band on the bill
    •  JackJack
    • Pete says:

Off top of me head, some Brit bands I'd love to see here in Sheff (that I haven't seen here before):

The Heads
      Diagonal
      Chrome Hoof
      White Fang
      Invasion
      Old Basford
      Gonga
      Battlewitch
      Bong
      Shit and Shine
      Analysis of Bison Kills
      Gorse

All, probably, in cost range, and also in the other thread I just posted in which I apologise for.

As a lineup that would be amazing. Chrome Hoof are cool and The Heads actually replied when I asked about them playing the London all dayer, shame singer was on holiday
    •  EggyEggy
    • Big Si says:

Most of the sludge bands can be found about 5-8 years ago, all trying to be Iron Monkey and failing.

Depressing, but true. The price you pay for not being fashionable (for a relative value of fashionable). Not that Sheffield was ever particularly awash with heavy bands.

pretty much that.

Charger haven't played sheffield have they? Somehow i doubt it would happen but worth a mention maybe. :s
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • Podge says:

lets do an alldayer with that lineup. it would slay and not a single sheffield band on the bill

in sheffield with no sheffield bands?
    •  PodgePodge
    • HogTeam says:

yes, why not.

adding a sheffield band in such a small scene has very little merit.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Apart from putting on bands that want to play in their local town
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • Podge says:

HogTeam says:

yes, why not.

adding a sheffield band in such a small scene has very little merit.

meh... i dunno, gues it depends on the bands. im a fan of good old fashioned local support bands but im not saying either is a better idea. the sheffield scene is a bit pants anyway, especially for this kind of heavy music.
    •  the reverendthe reverend
    • I suspect we're a bit overdue for a Sheffield show :(
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Well rev, if you wanna play on the 16th August we can put you on...
    •  drewmillwarddrewmillward
    • Ey up!
      White Fang would love to play Sheffield, any venue, any time (as long as the rest of us ain't at work or something). We are loud, we are heavy but we ain't that proficient...... but we are punctual.
      All we ask for is a handshake on arival, and possibly somewhere to lay our heads. Anything more is a total bonus.
      We are polite. We like to drink.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Same goes man, if you wanna play that date... your requirements can be met
    • You know a venue or any other bands playing yet? I'll check with the rest of the Fang.
    •  PetePete
    • the reverend says:

I suspect we're a bit overdue for a Sheffield show :(

definitely - that was a brilliant gig at the grapes way back when.
    •  the reverendthe reverend
    • Pete says:

the reverend says:

I suspect we're a bit overdue for a Sheffield show :(

definitely - that was a brilliant gig at the grapes way back when.

And Podge still holds the record for best ever heckle.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • drewmillward says:

You know a venue or any other bands playing yet? I'll check with the rest of the Fang.

Yep. The Shakespeare, with Berserkowitz and Bastard of the Skies. It's a Saturday.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • this gig is starting to take shape
    • I've sent out some smoke signals to the others, hopefully they will be able to do it.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - HEAVY band you want to see in Sheff