Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

[Locked] Vote in the 9hz readers' album of the year poll 2012!

•  PetePete
    • We will be resurrecting the Album of the Year article this year, after a few years off, with the usual staff top ten and readers' top ten.

Everyone signed up to the forum will be eligible to vote - simply select up to five albums that you consider to be the best released in 2012.

to vote, either:
      1 - reply to this thread with your vote
      2 - send me (Pete) a personal message with your vote (click "Send PM" on the left, under my avatar),

Rules: Each vote will count for one - even if they are in an order, or whether you vote for just one album or five. No voting for your own band or album released on your own label! If you have any questions on rules, or if I think of any more, I'll post in this thread and update this post.

The end date for votes is the end of Friday 14th December 2012. I will publish the article shortly afterwards, in the same manner as previous. I will put in readers quotes about the albums that make the top ten so I may contact you via pm to see if you can help with that, if you don't mind.

For previous year's results, click the following links: 2005 / 2006 / 2007

[Edited by Pete at 12:55 on 23/11/12]
    •  mambamamba
    • I was thinking about this last night. I will think some more.
    •  mikemike
    • Pete says:
      For previous year's results, click the following links: 2005 / 2006 / 2007

Great to read back through these, some readers on there are AWOL or lost to the mists of time it seems!
    •  GarethGareth
    • This was mainly a year of disappointing albums that I really looked forward to but fell short. I'll have a think anyways.
    •  BenBen
    • Can't think of many albums that came out this year.

I'll go with Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay
    •  alanalan
    • Can I just vote *against* Baroness?

Other than that I'm not sure what I have that came out this year.
    •  mikemike
    • I've got a few stonkers we've reviewed this year.

G, new Neurosis and Converge were good! Did FOTL not impress you?
    •  PetePete
    • Ben says:
      Can't think of many albums that came out this year.

I'll go with Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay

You're staff. And you Gareth.
    •  PetePete
    • A list of stuff we've reviewed in 2012 is here, in date order, if that helps jog memories, although obviously it's not everything (and there's a few things released earlier than 2012).
    •  GarethGareth
    • mike says:
      I've got a few stonkers we've reviewed this year.

G, new Neurosis and Converge were good! Did FOTL not impress you?

They were all OK but not mindblowing, not listened to Neurosis that much yet so that may change. Deftones likewise was good but nothing special and both Junius and Sun Kil Moon were massive let downs.
    •  LimbBobLimbBob
    • Horn Of The Rhino, ZZ top, Vision Of Disorder, Unsane, Torche, Therapy?, Orange Goblin, Old Man Gloom, High On Fire, Grave, Cancer Bats, Buffalo Killers, Black Pyramid, Black Moth, Baroness, Cannibal Corpse, Black Breath, Om...

There are some I have liked! Come on Gareth don't be glum chum.
      [Edited by LimbBob at 18:08 on 23/11/12]
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Neurosis, Converge, GY!BE, Dead Can Dance, Pig Destroyer
    •  PetePete
    • LimbBob says:
      Horn Of The Rhino, ZZ top, Vision Of Disorder, Unsane, Torche, Therapy?, Orange Goblin, Old Man Gloom, High On Fire, Grave, Cancer Bats, Buffalo Killers, Black Pyramid, Black Moth, Baroness, Cannibal Corpse, Black Breath, Om...

There are some I have liked! Come on Gareth don't be glum chum.

Too many for the poll - choose 5 to vote!
    •  LimbBobLimbBob
    • Those weren't my final choices Pete! I was just trying to get Gareth out off that 2012 album fug he's got tangled up in.

Results soon.
    •  PetePete
    • Fair enough, and good point!
    •  GarethGareth
    • LimbBob says:
      Those weren't my final choices Pete! I was just trying to get Gareth out off that 2012 album fug he's got tangled up in.

Results soon.

Thanks, I've only actually heard one of those (Old Man Gloom) and that's already going onto my list. I was more thinking of albums which I was excited about that fell short, I'm sure there's a ton of good stuff out there which crept up on me or passed me by entirely.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Two of my votes definitely go to these...

Glitter Wizard - Hunting Gatherers
      Black Moth - The Killing Jar
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • I'll pop in my votes here, but I don't expect any of them will make the top 10. It's been more of a punk/emo year for me....

Dowsing: It's Still Pretty Terrible
      Our Time Down Here: Midnight Mass
      Mewithoutyou: Ten Stories
      Downtown Struts: Victoria!
      Silversun Pickups: Neck of The Woods

I have very much enjoyed a few others more akin to the 9hz spirit...

Witchcraft: Legend
      Howlin' Rain: The Russian Wilds
      Baroness: Green/Yellow
      Deftones: Koi No Yokan

I think most of the 'new' albums I've gotten into this year have been pre-2012 releases!

Looking forward to the list to see what I've missed. The recent review of Kadavar has already given me one band to check out.

:cool::cool:
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • mine won't include soundgarden
    •  cbamber85cbamber85
    • Wreck and Reference - No Youth
      Useless Children - Pre Ending / Post Completion
      Neurosis - Honor Found in Decay
      *Shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo
      A Black People - Red Eyes

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - [Locked] Vote in the 9hz readers' album of the year poll 2012!