At the Movies

•  MazzMazz
    • These three for £7

Dr Zhivago
      Ben Hur
      Gone with the Wind
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Eat The Rich.

Fanfuckingtastic 80s comedy from the Comic Strip featuring Lemmy acting and a Motorhead soundtrack (most of Rock'n'Roll).
      Of course it's pretty dated but still makes me chuckle. Never released on DVD in the UK but my brother got me the German release which features a Motorhead documentary about the making of the Inferno album.
      Anyone else seen it? Vote 4 Nosh!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Winter's Bone

Award friendly, slightly worthy issues-based thriller which I enjoyed despite my facetious opening gambit. Quality redneck tourism/ voyeurism.
      7.5/10
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Just signed up for one of those Cineworld 'all you can eat' monthly pass things. Looking forward to rinsing the movies on a regular basis. :cool:

Caught the new Neeson flick, Unknown recently. Not as good as Taken but, it was pretty good. Easy to spot the twist about 20 mins in though.

Due Date was pretty funny. Also, very much enjoyed The Kings Speech.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I saw True Grit on wednesday. Really enjoyed it, funny and heart-warming, but pretty blood-thirsty too. Jeff Bridges is very good.
    •  mikemike
    • Watched an amazing Bogart film today, In A Lonely Place, plot was great, something missing from a lot of films I go to see these days.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I watched a film with the Missus called Leap Year the other night. It was a romantic comedy but it did have Amy Adams in it so I was happy.
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • American: Bill Hicks Movie - Superb documentary of Bill, can't recommend it enough!
      Submarine
      Cannonball Run - on the telly twice, quality film!!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Smockboy25 says:
      American: Bill Hicks Movie - Superb documentary of Bill, can't recommend it enough!
      Submarine

Bill Hicks was fantastic.
      What did you think of Submarine? The clips and reviews I've seen look pretty good.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i was friends with the guy who wrote the novel. we went to uni together and kicked it old school.

i reckon i should go and seeeee it.
      [Edited by bad admiral at 19:58 on 23/03/11]
    • Watched 'In Bruges' last night - really enjoyed it, really weird story composition.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Smockboy25 says:
      American: Bill Hicks Movie - Superb documentary of Bill, can't recommend it enough!

A really good documentary for sure. The book (American Scream) is awesome. Gives so much more insight into the real character of Bill. :cool:
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Black Swan.

Don't really see what all the fuss was about. OK but nothing special.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Wake Wood.

I read reviews saying it was the best horror film in years, reminiscent of The Wicker Man and Don't Look Now.

It wasn't, it was a bit shit.
    •  MazzMazz
    • basstard says:
      Black Swan.

Don't really see what all the fuss was about. OK but nothing special.

Gave me the 'orn
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • basstard says:
      Smockboy25 says:
      Submarine

Bill Hicks was fantastic.
      What did you think of Submarine? The clips and reviews I've seen look pretty good.

Yeah Bill Hicks was awesome! A definite hero & icon to me!

Submarine is a very good coming of age film, funny, not overdone. Paddy Conisidine is quality in it!
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Lemmy - a lot more respect for him on top of what I had before seeing this. A humble, sincere right on bad ass mutherfucker!! :cool:

Hobo With A Shotgun - Rutger Hauer, corny lines, lots of gore. Low brow all the way....
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Smockboy25 says:
      Lemmy - a lot more respect for him on top of what I had before seeing this. A humble, sincere right on bad ass mutherfucker!! :cool:

Yeah, the Lemmy film is ace. Mind you, with the man himself as subject matter and willing participant it would be pretty hard to fuck up!

Watched The Super Inframan last night which is a highly entertaining way of filling a couple of hours. Totallly goofy early 80s Chinese sub-Godzilla superhero vs. monsters tomfoolery. I'm a total sucker for stuff like that.
    • basstard says:

Watched The Super Inframan last night which is a highly entertaining way of filling a couple of hours. Totallly goofy early 80s Chinese sub-Godzilla superhero vs. monsters tomfoolery. I'm a total sucker for stuff like that.

I like things like this. The original Godzilla is impressive in its own way I think.

Forums - General Chat - At the Movies