•  mambamamba
    • Playing In Search Of... from start to finish:

March 2 - Manchester, Club Academy
      March 3 - Glasgow, Cathouse
      March 4 - Birmingham, Academy 2
      March 5 - London, Islington Academy

Best gig news I've heard in a while.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Fucking awesome. I was thinking the other day that it's been a while since I last saw Fu Manchu. This'll be top banana.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • This will be brilliant!! An amazing live band and a top, top record!

Definitely get some 9hz beers on the go before that!
    •  alanalan
    • Why is there such a trend lately for bands doing a whole album? I like a bit of unpredictability at a gig personally, don't know about anyone else.

Although the only gig I have been to like this was Mastodon doing Crack the Skye. :P
    • A trend as recent as about five years ago when Slayer done Reign In Blood and Metallica did Master Of Puppets, you mean?
    • And at least knowing Mastodon were going to be doing all of Crack The Sky would give you some sort of warning that you're going to be in for a long night.

Anyway, enough of me being horrible to people I don't really know, Fu Manchu!
    •  alanalan
    • Yeah, I think that's when I noticed it start.
    •  alanalan
    • I didn't mean to take away from Fu Manchu, sure it'll be a great night. They're a band I've been meaning to check more out of for a while, I like what I've heard.

And it was Mastodon's 2nd time in Britain after releasing Crack the Skye, so I thought they might have remembered about their other (better) albums by that point!
    • By that point I'd given up on Mastodon. They'll never be as good as that night Mike came to see them at The Underworld :(

•  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • I'll be going to the Manchester one, no doubt. Fantastic album!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Mastodon doing Crack the Skye was OK - but nowhere near as good as their usual headlining sets. It's not actually that longer album in my opinion either.

Anyway, as the good Tino said, FU MANCHU!!!!
    •  mambamamba
    • On the California dates they're apparently going to do 2 sets so I guess they'll do the same here.
    •  JackJack
    • That would be good, the album and a load of randoms
    •  MazzMazz
    • e90r8 932u8cf43hr YES!
    •  mikemike
    • slack mammoth says:
      By that point I'd given up on Mastodon. They'll never be as good as that night Mike came to see them at The Underworld :(

True true, still maintain that was their finest hour, I wonder what they think?

PETE WE NEED TO GO AND BOOZE IN MANCHESTER FOR THIS.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I may do this. I don't want to shock anyone, but I've never seen them.
    •  OllieOllie
    • If they were playing Bristol or somewhere like that I might be tempted but as I'm not a huge fan I can't be arsed to trek all the way to London.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Rob Himself says:
      I may do this. I don't want to shock anyone, but I've never seen them.

Loser...I have seen them 50 times.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i really like fu manchu but have never heard this album so i would probs get well bored.
    •  MazzMazz
    • No...you would not be bored. It will give you a boner. You'll be fucking dancing and fucking smiling and fucking going YEAAAHHHHHHHH n shit

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Fu Manchu - In Search Of... LIVE