Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

September Freak Jam

•  MazzMazz
    • Cathedral - The Carnival Bizarre.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Orange Goblin - Time Travelling Blues
    •  EggyEggy
    • Mother Love Bone
      and Monotonix on you tube, was gonna listen via myspace but it's being retarded on my pc.
    •  OllieOllie
    • David Lee Roth - Eat 'Em and Smile and Crazy From the Heat and loads of early Van Halen.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Hidden Hand- Devoid of Color
      Rush- 2112
      V/A- Dark Passages (old doom comp)
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      Hidden Hand- Devoid of Color
      Rush- 2112

When Dark Passages came out I nearly wore my copy out...haven't listened to it in years!!!
    •  MazzMazz
    • Reverend Bizzare - So Long Suckers
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • barry adamson - back to the cat
      barry admason - the murky world of barry adamson
      barry adamson - oedipus scmoedipus
      barry adamson - king of nothing hill
      various artists - 1940 - 1960 golden years of cuban samba
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ollie says:
      basstard says:
      Rush- 2112

When Dark Passages came out I nearly wore my copy out...haven't listened to it in years!!!

Likewise, I stumbled across it whilst flicking through my vinyl and couldn't remember the last time I'd given it a spin. Just as good as I remember; Vitus, Revelation, Solitude Aeturnus... fuckin' A!
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      Ollie says:
      basstard says:
      Rush- 2112

That Vitus track is probably my fave Vitus track anyway. Whicj=h band was it did Permanent Solution? I may have to see if I can find a download of this somewhere.

Likewise, I stumbled across it whilst flicking through my vinyl and couldn't remember the last time I'd given it a spin. Just as good as I remember; Vitus, Revelation, Solitude Aeturnus... fuckin' A!
    •  MazzMazz
    • They should have called it Dirty Passage
    •  MazzMazz
    • MONSTERMAGNET - SUPERJUDGE
    •  PetePete
    • Minister Bonesaw says:
      Toner Low - Self Titled

Good work. I may put that on soon.

Today I've listened exclusively to High on Fire - Blessed Black Wings. I don't know why I didn't used to like them...
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ollie says:
      basstard says:
      Ollie says:
      basstard says:
      Rush- 2112

That Vitus track is probably my fave Vitus track anyway. Whicj=h band was it did Permanent Solution? I may have to see if I can find a download of this somewhere.

Permanent Solution was by Stillborn; belting tune.
      Also noteworthy was the Penance track (Contemplations)- I think it was from their demo; it has a really gritty rough sound compared to the Road Less Travelled album. I had their demo and a superb live set from ye old tape trading dayes which got lost- a real shame as it was 100 times better than the album.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Part Chimp 'I am Come'
      Hey Colossus 'II'
      Oxbow 'An Evil Heat'
      Tool 'Opiate'
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Pete says:
      Minister Bonesaw says:
      Toner Low - Self Titled

Today I've listened exclusively to High on Fire - Blessed Black Wings. I don't know why I didn't used to like them...

Devilbots... off that album is one of my favourite long jams to listen when I just want something long and heavy and simple. As is what I'm listening to now:

YOB - Revolution

Some early morning, pot-washing Kyuss too.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Pete says:
      Minister Bonesaw says:
      Toner Low - Self Titled

I don't know either. Weirdo.
      Been listening to Stinking Lizaveta live at Bardens Boudoir today, a serious contender for gig of the year that.
    •  EggyEggy
    • blind melon s/t
      unified theory s/t

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • myself as OSIRIS P. NARCISSO as I recorded "Me and Two Black Chicks" with a very talented man named Martin.

also...

gemomi - go football go (kick it you fucking prick)
      absolute radio 90s

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - September Freak Jam