Menu

Forums - General Chat

Rye Bread & Groan (And first finished track)

•  MazzMazz
    • I had the day off today and made a Rye Loaf (Laura can't eat wheat)....took most the day..satisfying though..righteous.

BREAD

....in other non bread news looks like a GROAN tour might be happening in December...London/Manchester/Birmingham...I think.

I shall be in DONCASTER this weekend for GROAN rehearsals..but no Rye bread.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Groan tour sounds schmexi. Why not take this grand opportunity to...

WHAT?!?! Bread you say!?!? Sorry, I've just lost all interest in whatever we were on about... The world demands more...

BREAD NEWS UPDATES!!
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • Mazz says:
      I had the day off today and made a Rye Loaf (Laura can't eat wheat)....took most the day..satisfying though..righteous.

BREAD

....in other non bread news looks like a GROAN tour might be happening in December...London/Manchester/Birmingham...I think.

I shall be in DONCASTER this weekend for GROAN rehearsals..but no Rye bread.

Where are the rehearsals? I live in Donny if you lonley and lost!
    •  MazzMazz
    • I'm not sure. I'm being met at the station then being dragged off for two days of INTENSE rock rehearsals.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • Suppose for something as big as a Groan rehearsal you can't give to many details out what with terrorism and what not. Probably safer you dont know eh.
    •  PetePete
    • If you're free at all Mazz, get the train down to Sheffield and come and have a few ales.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Not sure that I will be. It's all 100% MUSIC. This is the first time that we have all got together and the only time before our first gig at DOOMDAY III in September.
    •  alanalan
    • Mazz says:
      First finished track from the album is now online.

Witchy Woman

www.myspace.com/groanuk

That some tasty shizzle.
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Awesome. Can't wait for this album.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Sweet!

Got back from Sheffield (Not Doncaster) last night after intense weekend of ROCKING.

It all came together very well and surprised us how good it sounded. I drunk some red wine and smoked some WEED...yeah i'm a rocker.

I have very little voice this morning..I'm out of practice.
    •  MazzMazz
    • The first song off the SECOND album will be called ‘Uncle Tips’. It’s about Tony Iommi and is based around a verse riff of pure funk and groove

“I stare at a mountain
      and what do I see?
      Mr Tony Iommi..looking at me”
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Mazz says:
      Not sure that I will be. It's all 100% MUSIC. This is the first time that we have all got together and the only time before our first gig at DOOMDAY III in September.

This is the ludicrous sort of work ethic Mfkzt used to adhere to, although that was only about 60% music, 40% dicking about.
    • 60:40 (mathematically 3:2) is the kinda work:dicking ratio adhered to on most of my album purchases.

I too will be swapping some magic beanz for this already awesome-sounding record! Until then, Mazz's myspace updates have kept me more than entertained! :)
    •  MazzMazz
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      60:40 (mathematically 3:2) is the kinda work:dicking ratio adhered to on most of my album purchases.

I too will be swapping some magic beanz for this already awesome-sounding record! Until then, Mazz's myspace updates have kept me more than entertained! :)

They be not my updates on thee myspace. I did lots of pooing at the weekend. I think the weed made me loose.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Rob Himself says:
      Mazz says:
      Not sure that I will be. It's all 100% MUSIC. This is the first time that we have all got together and the only time before our first gig at DOOMDAY III in September.

This is the ludicrous sort of work ethic Mfkzt used to adhere to, although that was only about 60% music, 40% dicking about.

koresh work ethic: 5% music. 95% getting drunk and pretending to bum each other.
    • bad admiral says:
      Rob Himself says:
      Mazz says:

koresh work ethic: 5% music. 95% getting drunk and pretending to bum each other.

I would've said closer to 2%.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      bad admiral says:
      Rob Himself says:
      Mazz says:

I would've said closer to 2%.

to be honest pete, i fart/sneeze and sweet riffs come out. it's a gift and i GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE. the boys understand and carry the burden of my blessing well. however, we can now only speak to one another via sock puppets due to BAD VIBES and EGOS. mostly mine.

anyway, because of my gift, we have more time to drink and pretend to bum each other.

actually we're going to release an album at some point very soon. just getting it sorted out now. it's actually quite productive in the koresh camp.
    •  JackJack
    • I love the artwork!

Forums - General Chat - Rye Bread & Groan (And first finished track)