Menu
    •  MageMage
    • Iron Monkey - Iron Monkey (2009 reissue)

Earache are officially rubbish. The reissue of Iron Monkey and Our Problem is such a wasted opportunity. Good start, nice slipcase, black with the monkeygram logo on it. But then inside it's just 2 seperate jewel case versions of the two albums, pretty much identical to the original releases, except for the extra tracks being on the back panel. The extra tracks (from the Church Of Misery split) on Our Problem are listed wrong. The discs have the wrong print on them, Our Problem has the self titled disc artwork on it and vice versa. And it has a new booklet with some liner notes/reminiscences/photos that's just stuck in the jewel case with the self titled booklet.

Good effort guys. :s
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mage says:
      Iron Monkey - Iron Monkey (2009 reissue)

Earache are officially rubbish. The reissue of Iron Monkey and Our Problem is such a wasted opportunity. Good start, nice slipcase, black with the monkeygram logo on it. But then inside it's just 2 seperate jewel case versions of the two albums, pretty much identical to the original releases, except for the extra tracks being on the back panel. The extra tracks (from the Church Of Misery split) on Our Problem are listed wrong. The discs have the wrong print on them, Our Problem has the self titled disc artwork on it and vice versa. And it has a new booklet with some liner notes/reminiscences/photos that's just stuck in the jewel case with the self titled booklet.

confused the shit out of me when i got mine. thought it was just me though...
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • bad admiral says:
      Mage says:
      Iron Monkey - Iron Monkey (2009 reissue)

confused the shit out of me when i got mine. thought it was just me though...

As long as the Supergorgonizer riff is on there, I think the rest can be misgiven.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Phil has lent me this and they are great albums but it's so sloppy of an established and respected label like Earache to allow such errors in the packaging. Also black writing on a dark grey background doesn't make for the easiest of reads.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Got my ipod on shuffle this morning...so far Jethro Tull, Pentagram, The Who, Black Cobra, Mercyful fate, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath...good times!!!
    •  OllieOllie
    • Ollie says:
      Got my ipod on shuffle this morning...so far Jethro Tull, Pentagram, The Who, Black Cobra, Mercyful fate, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath...good times!!!

Accept, London leatherboys...the lucky streak couldn't last!!!
    •  OllieOllie
    • Ollie says:
      Ollie says:
      Got my ipod on shuffle this morning...so far Jethro Tull, Pentagram, The Who, Black Cobra, Mercyful fate, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath...good times!!!

The Ramones and Shellac...back up to speed now!!!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ollie says:
      Ollie says:

"London Leatherboys! Nightmare's pleasure what you've done"- ouch, the memory hurts.
      Shame you didn't land on Balls to the Wall or Fast as A Shark instead.

Today I have been listening to Radio Birdman followed by Triptykon.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Guided by Voices- Alien Lanes.
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      Ollie says:
      Ollie says:

"London Leatherboys! Nightmare's pleasure what you've done"- ouch, the memory hurts.
      Shame you didn't land on Balls to the Wall or Fast as A Shark instead.

Today I have been listening to Radio Birdman followed by Triptykon.

Possibly the gayest metal song ever isn't it. I have to say though I did see Accept in the 80's an they were fucking awesome!!!
    • MORRELL says:
      Guided by Voices- Alien Lanes.

amazing
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I missed Accept and Dokken at the Brum Odeon (86?) when a bunch of my mates went - boo hoo!
      They all said it was top notch. I'm surprised Rob Halford hasn't done a cover of London Leatherboys.
    • Man, Accept would've been so (un, but) cool back in't day! The Balls to the Wall video is a total classic!

Some Fleetwood Mac for the old hangover ears today and then som Thin Lizzy and Rainbow.
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      I missed Accept and Dokken at the Brum Odeon (86?) when a bunch of my mates went - boo hoo!
      They all said it was top notch. I'm surprised Rob Halford hasn't done a cover of London Leatherboys.

That was the tour I saw them on in Bristol...awesome.

Today I'm spinning Houdini by the Melvins to remind how great they used to be.
    • girls on film - duran duran
    •  OllieOllie
    • bad admiral says:
      girls on film - duran duran

The sexy tits out video?
    •  basstardbasstard
    • So far today it's been:
      Discharge:Why (wakes me up better than coffee)
      Witch: Paralyzed
      ZZ Top: Tejas
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      So far today it's been:
      Discharge:Why (wakes me up better than coffee)
      Witch: Paralyzed
      ZZ Top: Tejas

I love Discharge!!!

Just had a blast of Goatsnake...always a welcome pleasure as I don't listen to them for ages then stick them on, realise they're awesome, then forget about them again for a few months.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I'm now on Melvins - Hostile Ambient Takeover
    • The Grand Astoria - s/t

more something else... not sure what... urgh...

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Down-June-ing