Menu
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • is jolly good actually... nice bit of stevie Von til (or as I know him mad uncle steve).
      But yeah fucking good work, its back to "you fail me standard".
    •  mikemike
    • Yep its wicked, sounds like a proper album if you get me, beginning, middle, end and its varied, and has solos!
    •  noonenoone
    • listened to this band once.
      Sounded like they'd listened to Rorschach and enthusiastically copied it with good recording equipment.
      never bothered since then.
      everyone seems to bum them though so maybe they're good, I'm to grumpy to give it a fair crack.
      Listen to Rorschach.
    • I can hear what your on about Kev... and maybe for the first couple of records but they have really run with it. And certianly doing their own thing. On the new record I can hear today is the day, pig destroyer, black heart percession, neurosis... all sorts... its a dead solid album.
      But Kev you may like You fail me its not super swiush recorded its pretty raw. Obviously not bee in a biscuit tin raw like some of the crust bands (you must admit some of the crust records do sound dreadful fidelity wise... but some do sound amazing I'm not generalising here). But yeah I'd say try that album first.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • You Fail Me is obviously bit poor compared to Jane Doe, that's the one.
    • I'd disagree... Jane doe is the popularist choice... but for me the grit of you fail me is far more honest. i like Jane doe its a good record though. Only the one after fail me before the new one... wasn't really my bag.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Probably the popular choice because it's the better of the two!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • mike says:
      Yep its wicked, sounds like a proper album if you get me, beginning, middle, end and its varied, and has solos!

It's got a good flow to it, I agree
    • J Parker says:
      You Fail Me is obviously bit poor compared to Jane Doe, that's the one.

That's your opinion sir... I prefer you fail me.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • You know I'm right Tim, just surrender to the truth, it'll be much less painless...aaaahhhh
    • Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Yah wrong! Wrong!

I like jane doe its a good record don't get me wrong here boyo converge only made one howler and that was the one before this record.
    •  EggyEggy
    • 1st album i heard was You Fail Me! and that's always been my favourite, took me while but i now appreciate No Heroes and Jane Doe just as much. First reports i saw on the new album was that it wasn't as good as their previous stuff and they've had a chance of direction.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • To humour you Tim I went back and listened again to You Fail Me, and surprise surprise, it is actually pretty hot!
    • I love it when i'm right parky... Listening to the new converge record makes me want to be part of a hardcore record again. Dust down the old screamz and fast riffs.
    •  -ZX--ZX-
    • I have yet to hear the new album, from what people say i may check it out but i stopped listening to them after Jane Doe. I don't mind the stuff after it but i much prefer Petitioning the Empty Sky and Jane Doe, but it's horses for courses and what not. I still would rather listen to some old Shed For You though.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • All Converge is well skill boss but I cant believe how no one has mentioned When Forever Comes Crashing?!?! Awesome Steve Austin production and perhaps the greatest 'verge song ever in Conduit on it!!!!

Looking forward to hearing the new album tho!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Got Jane Doe, You Fail Me and No Heroes. Not a fan of No Heroes but the other 2 are awesome, heard the new one has a few great songs but isn't all that.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Got it the other day, Dark Horse is turning into a favourite Converge song. Rest of the album is good too, I'm surprised to find myself liking the twiddly guitar bits and solos. A step up from No Heroes.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Given the posts on here i may have to put the new un on my wanted list.
    •  odoomodoom
    • i kinda love all of converge's output. been listening to them since when forever comes crashing and it's been ace to see the band evolve in the way they have. surprised people prefer you fail me over jane doe though and i thought no heroes was a great album but there ya go...

the new one is relentless! the guitar playing is fantastic, the drumming awe inspiring, the production is brutal and the song writing top notch. my only misgiving is jacob bannons vocals are becoming a parody of themselves but then, i've been thinking that for years, and it's only a small niggle when put with how good the band is as a whole...

if i'm gonna pick a favourite though it's gotta be the agoraphobic nosebleed/converge split. pioneering stuff!
      [Edited by odoom at 08:29 on 09/11/09]

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - New converge album