Menu
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Ramo says:
      pull-my-plonker says:
      This is essentially a rip-off Kyuss tour, but I'm having a remarkably slow day at work and needed a crazy idea to pass the time.

To be fair, ye know if you were there you'd be throwin yourself around like a land-bound salmon to Supa Scoopa and the Mighty Scoop.
      quote]

You're damn bloody right I would!!! :)

Kyuss accoustic set?!?!?!? That's one of the worst ideas ever!
    •  muppetfuckermuppetfucker
    • Yeah,but he could sit there with a guitar and actually say he is Kyuss and it would be valid,not that i care cuz im going anyway(and ive seen Kyuss)
    •  PetePete
    • Suma are playing on the Friday :)
    •  FalconstoneFalconstone
    • I'll be there for the main thing but missed out on Afterburner tickets... Anyone know if there's spares about
    •  PetePete
    • Who's going then? I'm getting excited.

Does anyone know where the new stage - the Midi Theatre - is?
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Tom P and I are going! Hasn't started dawning on me yet how close it is, probably cus I've done next to nothing for it so far. But been looking into a camper van as all the hotels are booked. Bit different.
    •  PetePete
    • Excellent. Me and my mate are driving, via a ferry, and camping. See you there!
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • Will be there, camping. Flying over and having some time in amsterdam then training it down
    •  mambamamba
    • Pete says:

Does anyone know where the new stage - the Midi Theatre - is?

Just around the corner...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/mamba311/tilburg.jpg
    • ChrisC says:
      Will be there, camping. Flying over and having some time in amsterdam then training it down

Ah mate, that's excellent. Really wish I was doing the same, love that place. Did the same the other way round in 2007, but I was pretty much spent by time we got to Amsterdam.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • not been before so looking forward to it, any ideas on places to check out would be sweet!

got a nice hotel booked so gonna hopefully be fully fit for tilburg :-)
    • Well you want to go on the tourist-y boat ride for sure. Pure tourist, but I really enjoyed, as much as a break from the madness as anything. What are you wanting to do when you're there? Tourist, culture, toke it up?

Didn't go to the van Gogh museum but hear it's a jip anyway. Mate of mine said the Reichmuseum (I think?) was excellent, saw the building from the water and it was spectacularly doomy. Sex museum's decent. Leidseplein square is a really nice place, there's an Irish-style pub on the water that does one heck of a stew.

Coffee shops:
      Homegrown fantasy Lounge
      Barney's Breakfast Bar
      The Dolphin
      De Dampkring (small but excellent selection)
      Kashmir Lounge (quite a ways out of town, not long on tram, but this place is an Indian dream!)
      Doors Palace (great party night place)

There's one more really nice place that do traditional hashish hookah's as well but can't remember the name. You should also try a Volcano vapouriser while you're there too, them things are BAD! Quite a few places do 'em. Most coffee shops you go in will have a map of places for a couple Euros. take one, great guide to their underworld. Just be warned you can no longer smoke tobacco indoors and only visit CS's that have the official mark on the window.

http://z.about.com/d/goamsterdam/1/0/J/6/-/-/coffeeshop_permit.JPG

Hope this helps :):cool:
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • gonna be a mix of it all really will visit a few placed in the day and some coffee shops in the eve. How does the whole smoking thing work now then has it changed since the smoking ban?

last time i went to road burn you could smoke in the 013 etc guessing thats changed to!
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • You can't smoke tobacco indoors, same as here, but you are allowed to smoke weed in the coffee shops. So roll em pure, boy.
    • Yup, pures or the good places have a decent selection as glass bubble pipes (got one here, not a bubbler, still beaut!), bongs, hookah's, vapes etc..

Had to ask a mate name of the place with the massive hookahs, it's called the Rockerij. It was the first shop we went in and the mate reminded me of who was sat in there having a toke...

ROB SCHNEIDER!

(Rated PG13)
    • Has anyone or does anyone know someone who has 2 spare afterburner tickets... flights are booked around it but the damned thing sold out in 3 minutes

cheers
    •  soundcity120fuzzsoundcity120fuzz
    • I am going to this! I've got a whopper of an AUTOPSY logo patch across the back of my jacket and a Reefer Madness patch (should be quite easy to spot) - come say hi/have beers/spliffs/talk! I'm told that we shall be in Clancy's much of the time. it's my first roadburn!
    • Are you on DFD as well looking at the avatar?

Yeah Clancy's is great when it eventually opens

I think this will be my 6th??
      I first went when it was a 1 dayer and Sunn, ATP, High on Fire and Electric Wizard played the green room... monstrously heavy good times
    •  mambamamba
    • Earthless added for the Thursday.

I'm a little bit jealous I'm not going now.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Roadburn 2010