Menu
    •  PodgePodge
    • whats the deal with the Midi Theatre, Roadburn Festival?

is that included under the normal ticket as there is nowt on friday i'd want to watch other than that stuff
    •  PodgePodge
    • Thursday,
      Goatsnake
      Kylesa
      Yob
      Eyehategod
      Sons of Otis
      Outlaw Order
      Firebird
      Monarch!
      Bong

Friday,
      Karma To Burn
      Church of Misery

Saturday,
      Sons of Otis
      Brant Bjork & The Bros
      Yob

Fatso Jetson
      The Gates of Slumber
      Los Natas

Sunday,
      Soilent Green
      Sourvein
      Dixie Witch
    •  mambamamba
    • Podge says:
      whats the deal with the Midi Theatre, Roadburn Festival?

is that included under the normal ticket as there is nowt on friday i'd want to watch other than that stuff

Just round the corner apparently. All included. They did so that they could spread the merch and stuff out more. And sell more tickets.
      [Edited by mamba at 18:53 on 30/11/09]
    •  PodgePodge
    • ah i see, thurs looks good but fri / sat are a bit weak. i'll probably end up going.
    •  PetePete
    • Here's who I'm looking forward to:

Thursday - Goatsnake, Kylesa, Yob, Eyehategod, Sons of Otis, Monkey3, Mouth of the Architect, Firebird, Monarch!, Bong

Friday - Karma To Burn, Church of Misery

Saturday - Shrinebuilder, Sons of Otis, Brant Bjork & The Bros, Yob, Fatso Jetson, The Gates of Slumber, Los Natas

I couldn't get a Sunday ticket. It's a bit up and down but the ups - especially the bands I've not seen before - Yob, EHG, Sons of Otis, Fatso Jetson and Los Natas - are massive, for me.

[Edited by Pete at 13:29 on 01/12/09]
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • Anyone here after a ticket, got a spare going and dont overly want to fleebay it
    •  muppetfuckermuppetfucker
    • Podge says:
      ah i see, thurs looks good but fri / sat are a bit weak. i'll probably end up going.
      I couldnt agree more,theres gonna be some hard decisions to make
    •  PetePete
    • "Witchcraft vocalist Magnus Pelander will be part of the Roadburn festival lineup on Thursday, 15 April 2010."

:)
    •  PodgePodge
    • Pete says:
      "Witchcraft vocalist Magnus Pelander will be part of the Roadburn festival lineup on Thursday, 15 April 2010."

:)

doing what?
    •  JackJack
    • an acoustic set
    •  mambamamba
    • roadburn says:
      Backed by a band of highly accomplished musicians, JOHN GARCIA will perform an entire set of Kyuss songs at Roadburn Festival 2010.

Can't decide if I'm gutted to be missing this or not.
    •  JackJack
    • Same, could be awesome, could be a bit like watching Herman do Kyuss covers, cool but better being Hermano
    •  mambamamba
    • Brant Bjork is playing the same day so possibility of half of Kyuss. Maybe.
    •  JackJack
    • Good point
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • No Homme, no Kyuss.

Still cool for those guys I imagine though. I agree with Mamba, if Brant is there, would be stupid if he doesn't play at least a few tracks.
    •  PetePete
    • mamba says:
      roadburn says:
      Backed by a band of highly accomplished musicians, JOHN GARCIA will perform an entire set of Kyuss songs at Roadburn Festival 2010.

Can't decide if I'm gutted to be missing this or not.

I know I'm very happy I'm going :)
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • John Garcia should present a brand new BBC2 programming concept:
      "The Kyuss Roadshow".

This show would be entirely like The Antiques Roadshow, but with John and his band travelling around small British villages playing Kyuss covers in Village Halls and specially erected marquees to pensioners, and us lot.

This is essentially a rip-off Kyuss tour, but I'm having a remarkably slow day at work and needed a crazy idea to pass the time.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • I think it will be awsome,

still have a spare ticket and camp pass for this. Had a few interested folks, but want to be sure no one here wants it first

any one fussed?
    •  Matt_tgpgMatt_tgpg
    • Got my ticket. Lots of us from York / Manchester going. The line up is killer.

GOATSNAKE!!!
      EAGLE TWIN

I count the Eagle Twin record as easily the best doom release of the last two years. Can't wait. Podge / Pete see you there.
    •  RamoRamo
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      This is essentially a rip-off Kyuss tour, but I'm having a remarkably slow day at work and needed a crazy idea to pass the time.

To be fair, ye know if you were there you'd be throwin yourself around like a land-bound salmon to Supa Scoopa and the Mighty Scoop.

Need to get my flights sorted soon, stoked.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Roadburn 2010