Menu

Forums - General Chat

Hellfest 2009

•  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • anyone from here going?

Also, anyone got any space in their cars travelling up from London?
      This is for a friend of mine, who is looking for himself and one other person.
      Will obviously contribute / split fuel charges
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • I'm going! Going to be insane.

No car room though, sorry to say. We've got four cars full of crazies, France better look the fuck oot.
    • I've been umming and aaahing over this festival for months, and kind of struck a deal with myself, if I manage to sell my ATP ticket I'd look at going to hellfest.
      Just unpacked my tent after a 3 year hibernation - getting rather excited :)

Did you see Clutch has been added?
    •  alanalan
    • Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!*

*translation: I'm going. Rather looking forward to it. We're all flying I think though, so no lift from me I'm afraid.
    • Hey Alan,
      Are you one of the 20 people flying with Matt (darkwave)? That's going to be fun :)

My friends's and I are only getting our plans together now, and realising what a hell of a drive it is. I've done that drive before and it's exhausting.

Steve what port you guys crossing at? Why are the ferry times so restrictive??
    •  alanalan
    • ms tinnitus says:
      Hey Alan,
      Are you one of the 20 people flying with Matt (darkwave)? That's going to be fun :)

There's 20 of us!? Cool. The rest of that flight won't know what's hit 'em!
    • alan says:
      ms tinnitus says:
      Hey Alan,

There's 20 of us!? Cool. The rest of that flight won't know what's hit 'em!

Ha ha, did you not know that? I should have made up my mind when Matt started planning this ages ago, but I was very worried about funds and stuff.

•  alanalan
    • ms tinnitus says:
      Ha ha, did you not know that? I should have made up my mind when Matt started planning this ages ago, but I was very worried about funds and stuff.

Well I knew Matt was going, but it was more Chris and Lee (of the Infest variety, if you know them) that talked me into it. And then I've managed to drag one mate along too. Other than that I may know the other people but I've not asked who's going really.
    •  the chapthe chap
    • alan says:

Well I knew Matt was going, but it was more Chris and Lee (of the Infest variety, if you know them) that talked me into it. And then I've managed to drag one mate along too. Other than that I may know the other people but I've not asked who's going really.

our drummers going as well.. i think cj is too?
    •  PodgePodge
    • the chap says:
      i think cj is too?

Ya all in trouble now
    • [/quote]
      Well I knew Matt was going, but it was more Chris and Lee (of the Infest variety, if you know them) that talked me into it. And then I've managed to drag one mate along too. Other than that I may know the other people but I've not asked who's going really.[/quote]

I think I've met Chris, does he wear his hair very well groomed?
      I met a lot of really nice people in Notts last November when I went up for the beer festival etc. I'm friends with Clint and Melissa (heavysounds) and met Matt through them.
    •  alanalan
    • ms tinnitus says:

He does indeed. Kind of Morrisey meets Tintin. He's also always late as a result.
    • alan says:
      ms tinnitus says:

He does indeed. Kind of Morrisey meets Tintin. He's also always late as a result.

I've def met him :)
    • ms tinnitus says:
      Steve what port you guys crossing at? Why are the ferry times so restrictive??

Heh, no idea. We're getting the Eurostar across on the Wednesday and (some of us are) camping over night before in a place called Bourg Archard (that'll be an adventure in itself, I think many horror movies have started the same way!). We're then driving down on Thursday nice and early to get a nice camping spot.

You decided what you're doing yet, Ms.?
    • Current plan (hopefully wont change) is ferry from Portsmouth Thursday am (early!!) to Cherboug - then drive straight to Clisson to set up camp around 4pm Thursday, with an essential supermarche pit stop to stock up on french treats.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • I am going to be heading over for this to, going on the eurostar on the thursday! m/
    •  rlucas666rlucas666
    • Podge says:
      the chap says:
      i think cj is too?

Ya all in trouble now

I suspect CJ will be arrested for public indecency within minutes of arriving in France, he'll be out of harms way!
    •  PodgePodge
    • we can only hope he will.
    •  the chapthe chap
    • ...and then get bummed.
    • Anyone need a ride to this or know anybody that does?

A mate of mine of driving down and needs two people in his car to keep his costs down. Obviously, the travellers will have to pay chunnel and fuel fees..

Please let me know?

Forums - General Chat - Hellfest 2009