Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

NineHertz....defunct....pointless...less use than both my nans dead overies combined......?

•  DonnyDonny
    • BLACK THATCH!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • the chap says:
      Rob Himself says:

Rock music is for teenagers and students, whether we like it or not. Otherwise we'll all turn into our dads and my dad's 51 and listens to Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems.

oh behave! im 42 and still got the hunger!

People like Andy Bloody Kev, oldseed... inspire me to keep going. I don't feel like giving up the hectic life any time soon (bad luck to the haters... ha ha!) I look at it that the 19 year old me would think the 32 year old me is pretty awesome if a little chubby!
    •  JackJack
    • Justin in our band is 44 and looks about 32, he's been a rocker since youth, it's all good
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • bad admiral says:
      juggers is trying to leash me but SHE WILL FAIL.

Is your woman called juggers?
    • Ha ha! My mrs is called WOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the only way for it to be prounced properly is by Mazz singing it. True story.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Gareth's mrs is also referred to as "woman", if I'm not mistaken. It's not one of my favourite appellations.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Carey says:
      Gareth's mrs is also referred to as "woman", if I'm not mistaken. It's not one of my favourite appellations.

It's a term of endearment.

I'm looking to maybe think about a "career" when I hit 30 if the band things aren't panning out. We'll see though.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • WickedWesticle says:
      bad admiral says:

i call her juggers. her parents call her christina.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Ollie says:
      Catacomb Records says:
      Ollie says:
      The deeper I get into my job and the more I get paid and the more kids I have and the more domesticated my wife gets the more I want to get out and fucking rock!!!

Plus, Sarah's allowed you to get that leather waistcoat you're always moaning about!!! ;)

I still haven't got it yet!!! I think older people rock more...when I look at what teenagers pass off as music...it's a pile of lame assed turd. Look at a band like Roadsaw, half of them look the wrong side of 40 and they kick ass. I'm nearly 40 and I'm not planning to stop rocking any time soon.

Well given what bands i was into as a teenager, and well into my 20's i agree, i only got into better bands when i was mid 20's.

I think the era that people grew up has something to do with it, by the time my dad reached his 40's he was doing old man stuff, people keep there youthfulness for longer thesedays. I don't want to let age rule when i stop going to gigs etc, although with the way my neck clicks i might have to stop the moshing soon.
    • bad admiral says:
      WickedWesticle says:
      bad admiral says:

How is she by the way Rich? Drink soon sir?
      Nah i I just call my lady friend Di Di (her real name is Dagmar). But if I had Mazz at my disposal on a daily basis that is what I would do.
      Personally think my girlfirends some kinda saint to put up with me...
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      bad admiral says:
      WickedWesticle says:
      bad admiral says:

How is she by the way Rich? Drink soon sir?
      Nah i I just call my lady friend Di Di (her real name is Dagmar). But if I had Mazz at my disposal on a daily basis that is what I would do.
      Personally think my girlfirends some kinda saint to put up with me...

ah...she's good. she got a bit squiffy on a bottle of pear cider last night and fell asleep on the tube at 8pm bless her.

drinkypoos would be lovely mister!
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Me and Nick went to Gallows in Portsmouth last night and were incredibly glad of the proper parking facilities.
    • Rob Himself says:
      Me and Nick went to Gallows in Portsmouth last night and were incredibly glad of the proper parking facilities.

Proper parking at the guildhall... times have changed... I bet you came back and your car wasn't on bricks either. Pompey's changed.
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      Rob Himself says:
      Me and Nick went to Gallows in Portsmouth last night and were incredibly glad of the proper parking facilities.

Proper parking at the guildhall... times have changed... I bet you came back and your car wasn't on bricks either. Pompey's changed.

Pyramids it were, weird place, feels like a festival tent stage.
    • yes its swimming pool complex most biazzare place.
    •  mikemike
    • I haven't seen this thread til today.

Bit pathetic really, I'm not going to get bogged down with a long reply but this so-called 'scene' that Stocky has invented I don't actually know where or who he is talking about.

I'm mainly concerned with his vague stab at Flatlands, as far as I can tell, we've been going something like 4 years together, have released vinyl, a demo, a signed EP and a signed album with plans to do more. We've also toured extensively round the UK, ok maybe not to the levels of Mirimar, but then we are all pretty average-looking guys with jobs that we have to do to survive and we give Flatlands the time it deserves, frankly with the so-called 'contacts' we have, we've exhausted all the good will people have, if Stocky can magically get us on some fantastic tour (something which is nigh-on impossible) then please tell me.

I'm a bit dissapointed in you to be honest, what do you expect to get from this? I have no idea.

If this is about supporting the scene, I can probably count on one hand the amount of gigs I've seen you attend over the past few years, so please don't insult us.

I don't think you'd talk to any of us this way in real life, so please don't on this forum.
    • That's as good a close to this thread as any!
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Rob Himself says:
      That's as good a close to this thread as any!

I think this is a better one.http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/morrelladeth/bears.jpg
    •  EggyEggy
    • "Only the best for the captain's table!"
    •  EggyEggy
    • Actually, is that the reason for the captain birdeye iceberg incident. He was too busy bumming the cook on the kitchen table.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - NineHertz....defunct....pointless...less use than both my nans dead overies combined......?