[Locked] March Now Playing Thread

•  mambamamba
    • Rob Himself says:
      bad admiral says:
      mamba says:
      If only all pop music was as good as Phoenix - 1901 download link

FUCK YEAH!!!

i love this band.

was listening to some stuff off "it's never been like that" today. 1901 sounds fucking brilliant as well. hurrah for phoenix.

Is this the sort of thing I should be listening to? If so I'll listen to it when I get home.

They get lumped in with Daft Punk and Air, mostly because they are French but they're much better and have a bit of an indie rock, dare I say emo, edge.

They've been around for years but I'm only just getting into them. So, in answer to your question, maybe!
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • mamba says:
      Rob Himself says:
      bad admiral says:
      mamba says:
      If only all pop music was as good as Phoenix - 1901 download link

FUCK YEAH!!!

i love this band.

was listening to some stuff off "it's never been like that" today. 1901 sounds fucking brilliant as well. hurrah for phoenix.

Is this the sort of thing I should be listening to? If so I'll listen to it when I get home.

They get lumped in with Daft Punk and Air, mostly because they are French but they're much better and have a bit of an indie rock, dare I say emo, edge.

They've been around for years but I'm only just getting into them. So, in answer to your question, maybe!

Do they do that song "Too Young" thats in Lost In Translation... cos if so... they are a guilty pleasure of mine

N/P Wavering Radiant - I think its a bit good....absolutely slays ITAOT
    •  mambamamba
    • Th@ Guy says:

Do they do that song "Too Young" thats in Lost In Translation... cos if so... they are a guilty pleasure of mine

I believe they do, but I don't know it.
    •  alanalan
    • Someone introduced me to Dinosaur Jr earlier, I quite likes. Then my blacker than even the blackest treacle Swedish friend got me to listen to some Vader, which I have to say I liked. Looking forward to Hellfest even more now! :D
    •  MazzMazz
    • Richie Blackmores Rainbow
      Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • OM pilgrimage... I like this record but was not their best.
    •  BeardMonkBeardMonk
    • Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# (Infinity)
    •  JackJack
    • some stuff for review, currently Samsara blues experiment which is sounding awesome
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • mamba says:
      Th@ Guy says:

I believe they do, but I don't know it.

absolute belter of a tune. that's off their debut "united", which also features "if i ever feel better" which is fucking ridiculous good. i saw them on jools holland when i was in 6th form and have pretty much loved them ever since. first album is definitely best, but new one sounds like a cracker.

apparently one of them used to be in a band with the daft punk guys, but they don't really sound anything like them. i guess i would describe them as a melting pot of soul, indie, funk, r&b, house and pop.
    •  EggyEggy
    • mastodon - remission. When i woke up i was trying to remember the name of this album (not sure why), couldn't believe i'd forgotten the name of such an awesome album, so i've given it a listen.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Rainbow - Black Sheep of the Family
    •  MarekMarek
    • Salute seem decent, right Mazz?

White Wizzard - MySpace
      Kill Em All
      Bolt Thrower - anything
    •  MazzMazz
    • Marek says:
      Salute seem decent, right Mazz?

White Wizzard - MySpace
      Kill Em All
      Bolt Thrower - anything

Hell yeah! I have ABOVE THE LAW but not the new one.

They are dirty like thee Damned, Mental like thee Motorhead and salty like thee sea.

•  MarekMarek
    • Kinda Celtic Frosty too?

Speaking of witch... Thorr's Hammer reformed for Supersonic!

And Corrupted!
    •  MazzMazz
    • Marek says:
      Kinda Celtic Frosty too?

And Corrupted!

I wrote a song called Thorr's Hammer. It was about an engine that William built.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • PEACE - Anthology

This is so good, thanks Mazz
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Marek says:

And Corrupted!

Holy crackers!! This just got interesting!
    •  MazzMazz
    • Hopkins says:
      PEACE - Anthology

This is so good, thanks Mazz

No problem & Cheers
    •  MazzMazz
    • Bad Wizard - Sky High
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Flatlands - Black Sluice

Pretty mighty.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - [Locked] March Now Playing Thread