Negura Bunget
      Scott Kelly
      Steve von Till
      Neurosis
      The Young Gods
      Guapo
      Grey Daturas
      Dyse

I'd be interested in seeing all these, but I can see why loads of people aren't bothered so far! Remember theres four days to fill and 3 stages too, there will be alot more added to that list.
    •  JackJack
    • Pete says:
      I'm going.

fear not I shall be camping too!
    •  mambamamba
    • Torche (but as Podge says, will have seen them a few times by then)
      Roadsaw
      Solace
      Firebird

That's about it for me.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Yeah, the three bands I'm interested in so far are all ones I've seen or few times, or will have, in Torche's case. The other two being Cathedral and Neurosis.
      I still think four days is stretching it for what is, at the end of the day, a fairly niche festival. Bringing in the artsy-fartsy stuff does widen the scope somewhat, but I'd rather have two good days than four mediocre ones.
    •  mikemike
    • For someone into the artsy fartsy, I can see it a dragging a little, all the droney stuff/improv stuff tends to grate after about 3 bands at a normal gig unless they are amazing, so it could be weird.

Supersonic worked because they threw together the drone and doom with folk and cooler new bands like Errors, Tomassi and Battles, but to lump it with stoner or doom is maybe ill-advised, but it worked last year I hear? Current 93 and that?
    •  mambamamba
    • Current 93 was on the Sunday last year though and a lot of people I spoke to only bought tickets because Om were supposed to be playing, whereas Neurosis and the arty bands they're bringing with them is on the Saturday (i.e. one of the main days of the festival).
    •  Matt_tgpgMatt_tgpg
    • Come on... Roadsaw! Hell yeah!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Still sounds good to me. I mean for fucks sake, I pay more than that to go to Download everywhere and there's almost no bands I want to see!
    •  JackJack
    • i really enjoy the social bit too, just nice to meet lots of cool people
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Donny says:
      Still sounds good to me. I mean for fucks sake, I pay more than that to go to Download everywhere and there's almost no bands I want to see!

But Donny, that's because you're special.
    •  mambamamba
    • roadburn myspace says:

Neurosis & Roadburn are proud to announce OM, Six Organs of Admittance, Skullflower & A Storm of Light for Beyond the Pale at Roadburn 2009.

There's one more band for me to watch.
      [Edited by mamba at 10:02 on 05/11/08]
    •  OllieOllie
    • Hmm, so far only St Vitus, cathedral, Wino, Firebird and Torche (who I'm seeing at ATP anyway) to tempt me so I doubt I'll be there.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Big Si says:
      Donny says:
      Still sounds good to me. I mean for fucks sake, I pay more than that to go to Download everywhere and there's almost no bands I want to see!

But Donny, that's because you're special.

...yes
    •  PodgePodge
    • i will NOT be going. this is final. the line up looks poor for my own tastes and i hope to be in Canada around that time.
    •  mambamamba
    • I think I'll probably still go. I'll definitely be getting a ticket when they go on sale anyway.

Still hoping for some more 'stoner' bands to be added.
    •  JackJack
    • Om are confirmed too
    •  PodgePodge
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      Om are confirmed too

seen 'em
    •  mambamamba
    • Sounds like Orange Goblin are playing:

blabbermouth says:
      British doomsters ORANGE GOBLIN will record their performance at next year's Roadburn Festival in Tilburg, Holland on Thursday, April 23, 2009 for a limited-edition, vinyl-only live album.
    •  JackJack
    • Ufomammut too

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - More Roadburn news, awesome!