Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

The ROTTINGHAM weekender

•  PodgePodge
    • i still play snogger tunes once i have set up my kit to make sure everything is in the right place, chuff knows which ones they are though
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Podge says:
      i still play snogger tunes once i have set up my kit to make sure everything is in the right place, chuff knows which ones they are though

Lol, you never knew at the time :op
    •  PodgePodge
    • i am famed for not knowing what i'm doing
    •  the chapthe chap
    • Hopkins says:
      Podge says:
      i still play snogger tunes once i have set up my kit to make sure everything is in the right place, chuff knows which ones they are though

Lol, you never knew at the time :op

heh heh...
    •  PodgePodge
    • From Myspace
      quote:
      Now then, I’ll get straight to the point; we’re going to have to pull Rottingham. It was a tough decision for us all to make but one that was in the interest of everyone, especially the bands… the reason we’re pulling it is that I’m no longer in a financially stable position to do it. I got laid off earlier thing month out of the blue, because of this credit crunch bull shit cuts had to be made and I was last in so naturally I was first out, so all the money I’d been putting a side to do this event has now got to go on bills and all that bollox.

The reason it’s taken a couple of weeks for us to actually pull it was because we almost had backing to keep the game on but that seems to have fallen through so we can’t risk keeping it on and them some bands not being paid.. The way it was working out, I was looking at being a grand out of pocket and that was with a sell out on both days – But I was ALWAYS prepared to pay out for the show, from day one I knew I’d have to pay out a fair few quid myself but I didn’t mind, but obviously now I can’t afford to do that. It’s a massive shame for me especially as this is the gig I’ve been working at putting on for a few years now and we’re all gutted about it. It could also be a case of postponing it until I’m back on my feet but after doing that twice before, even though that was for different reasons, it just seems like it’s just not going to happen for us so the best thing is for us to just cancel the whole thing and not take any risks.

We can’t apologise enough for messing you about, if I had any idea this would happen I wouldn’t of organised it. We hope you’d want to play for us later on in the year when we’re back “in action” but would understand if not, I’d be a bit funny about it myself as it seems we’ve been fucking you about from day one with changing the dates and all that malarkey.

If you could spread the word to anyone who may have been coming that’d be great.

Apologies again and thanks a lot for baring with us through all the fuck ups,
      Dan and the other dick’eads.

good job i didn't book the hotel then...
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • That's no good. Big shame on all fronts there.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • That sucks donkey cocks. Gutted for Dan, but gutted for us too as we were fucking looking forward to it.

Someone gis' a gig.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Yeah this chews. Fuuuuuuckkkk!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Fuck's sake, was looking forward to that and the boozeathon
    •  alanalan
    • I've designated the Monday as Hangover Day, so I gotta find something to do!
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Some sort of giggage needs to be sorted for that day. i don't mind playing for free! What about Sourvein? Fuck.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • I think its cause he reckons you need a hair cut you hippy!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • we were talking about this last night. there's gonna be a lot of people with freed up weekends now. we're playing in coventry on the friday and want to do something on the saturday. can we get an amen and anyone want to play somewhere/put us on/look into doing something in old london town?
    •  JackJack
    • try the unicorn. What is it with gigs being cancelled this year, booo
    • i know! fucking recession's fucking the fucking rock in the fucking arse.
    •  PodgePodge
    • i'm going to try and see what i can sort in Sheff for the Sunday people, but its quite close so i dunno if any venues will be available.
    •  the chapthe chap
    • were possibly gonna sort out a very small EWH/F possibly...
    •  DonnyDonny
    • the chap says:
      were possibly gonna sort out a very small EWH/F possibly...

Two words.

DO & IT
    • the chap says:
      EWH/F

what is one of these?

just curious...
    •  PodgePodge
    • everything went heavier, everything went faster.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - The ROTTINGHAM weekender