Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

The ROTTINGHAM weekender

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • and its boring. you're sitting there with a fucking cabbage up your arse waiting to see someone else/get on with it yourself. i find it hard to devote more than 35 minutes concentration to watching a band anyway and i reckon that's true for most people.

we'll keep it short, sweet and unnaturally sweaty. provided we get our regulation pees and poos in.
    •  alanalan
    • bad admiral says:

we'll keep it short, sweet and unnaturally sweaty. provided we get our regulation pees and poos in.

It's at The Angel, might want to keep poos to a minimum. :s
    •  DonnyDonny
    • pees too.

Don't forget Mars will be there. Last time I played an alldayer with Mars, he was projectile vomiting in the toilets at 2pm.

Latice work fragrent thai booze. was like paint stripper.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i dunno man...koresh produce a whole bunch of shit. i can officially say that we are the uk's poopiest band.

best keep morrell off the rustlers.

does old angel have a microwave?
    •  PodgePodge
    • i've often left the Angel between bands to find alternative toilets
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Hopkins says:
      Dan Quaid says:
      I'll be cracking that whip no bother. And post 4:45 on the Saturday I'm sure I'll be in a foul mood so they'll be no messing about. Heh.

What happens at 4:45? Forest lose? heh heh

Yep. Forest lose to Reading on 28th Feb.

The bogs have now been moved to a room in the pool room now, next to the kitchen... Still stinks but atleast you're not ankle deep in runny shit everytime you need a piss.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Those bogs were the best kept secret in the angel, but now they're disgusting
      Not a patch on the old ones though
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Hopkins says:
      Those bogs were the best kept secret in the angel, but now they're disgusting
      Not a patch on the old ones though

Definitely. Those days/nights when you've absoloutely positively got no choice but to tip your load, you could just sneak off in there and see Mr Brown and co off to the coast in peace, and could actually sit down, rather than do a spiderman and try and hover over. Always had fresh paper 'n all.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • My liver and kidneys just shuddered in anticipation
    •  Tom PTom P
    • We're above Morai and AHCW? That's madness...

Going to be a brilliant weekend though this, Personally I can't wait for LB, Sontaran (bloody awesome band, rocked me last time I saw em) and Sourvein. Also never seen RSP or Spacewitch so that'll be sweet too, can't wait.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Quick question.

If you're playing, do you get in for free the whole weekend?
    •  PodgePodge
    • 'nother quick question, did some one mention a super cheap hotel in Nottingham? I'll be there from Saturday morning to Monday morning as I'll have distro and drum stuff.

any suggestions?
    •  PodgePodge
    • oh and are those running order posters or is that TBC?
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Ask ol' Stevenage, he was talking about it not long since, think he's scoped a place out. The old lady and I are looking at getting a room on the Saturday night, damned if I'll be missing Sourvein.
    •  the chapthe chap
    • we'll be playing all 3 of our eps including a new 4 way split.. in about 28 mins.
      'snogger reunion anyone? ;)
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • Dan Quaid says:
      Nah it won't be the final lineup. When I go back to Notts next month we're going to sort all that out then w/ stage times and that.

I'll be messaging all the bands in a week or two to see if there's any specific times they can't/don't want to do and we'll do our best to arrange it around that. Although we won't listen to any "we should be above that band coz we're better than them", you'd be amazed how many messages of that kind we got for 'Cuntstock'.

will be at rottingham checking out berserkowitz... and river freshney as we have a bit of a tour planned with hog and freshney in 09...then hog are playing cuntstock..gonna be sweeet.
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • That's not the final running order. We'll be talking about that soon.

Also, as for free pass for full weekend, we just can't do it. Not for the money, but for the space. For some reason they've put a big bench up there, plus a tunnel to the fire escape and with there being a couple of tables for merch and Podge's distro, we're not sure on final capacity. Need to find it out like.

Snogger reunion... do it!
    •  PodgePodge
    • I'll only take up one long or two smaller round tables. not much
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Dan Quaid says:
      Snogger reunion... do it!

nein

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - The ROTTINGHAM weekender