Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

The ROTTINGHAM weekender

•  DonnyDonny
    • That's good. I was just concerned about going on after chickenhawk. That would be an injustice to the CH boys.
    •  PodgePodge
    • we're good enough to headline both days and we've draughted in our own support bands so you are all cut from the list
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Donny says:
      That's good. I was just concerned about going on after chickenhawk. That would be an injustice to the CH boys.

way to sell ourselves dude!

you're right though.

everytime i see this advertised i get well excited!:cool:
    •  PodgePodge
    • bad admiral says:
      every time i see this advertised i get well excited

Me too. of all the fests that have gone before, this is clearly the natural progression from EWH and its gonna slay
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i've started a strenuous workout programme to prepare. i'm gonna be cut like manowar when march arrives. hopefully i'll still have some snow tan left to schmooze some honeeeeeyz with.
    •  JemDooMJemDooM
    • Zangief confirmed!!! :)

j
      x
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • what a perfect weekender
    •  Dave_AHCWDave_AHCW
    • This is fucking mad. I'm well excited.
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Oh aye. Tickets go on sale 1st December.
    •  the chapthe chap
    • Podge says:
      this is clearly the natural progression from EWH and its gonna slay

well me, the lad hopkins and cj liked to think that we did well and someone would pick up the mantle...
      4 years of gigs...
      100's of bands
      3 weekenders?
    •  PodgePodge
    • you did bloody well, those shows were always awesome
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • Aye. Those EWH/F gigs were the main reason we started Rottingham.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Take our advice, as we know from experience that Charger will go ballistic if they get 20 minutes, and have the plug pulled on the stroke of midnight.

Make sure it starts on time and ealry, so you get some spare time to play with for any unplanned nightmares and disasters

Tell bands to get there earlier than needed

Crack the whip to make sure it takes no longer than 15 minutes to changeover (if a band takes longer, deduct if from their set time)

And last of all, don't fall for the "we're lost/stuck in traffic" it's a cheap trick for bumping themselves up the bill, heh heh
    •  PodgePodge
    • never tell a band they have "time for one more". this only results in the band taking 5 minutes to decide which one they want to do then inevitably playing the half hour opus. just tell them "5 minutes then you are off".

i've dragged people off stage by their trouser legs before now
    •  Dan QuaidDan Quaid
    • I'll be cracking that whip no bother. And post 4:45 on the Saturday I'm sure I'll be in a foul mood so they'll be no messing about. Heh.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Dan Quaid says:
      I'll be cracking that whip no bother. And post 4:45 on the Saturday I'm sure I'll be in a foul mood so they'll be no messing about. Heh.

What happens at 4:45? Forest lose? heh heh
    •  CareyCarey
    • will anyone else be coming back from sheffield on the sunday night? when's the last train?
    •  tom.atom.a
    • ill probably be coming back to sheff on the sunday
      god knows how me n podge are getting there yet but it probably wont be by train.....
    •  PodgePodge
    • i'm taking my distro for both days so i'm not sure how i'm gonna work it
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Yeah that always upsets me at gigs in general not just alldayers.

You give a band a set length, if the band ignores it then kick the fuckers off the stage. Hate it when I see promoters with that rabbit in the headlights looks when a band starts taking the piss.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - The ROTTINGHAM weekender