Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

I'm making September more bearable by listening to...

•  PetePete
    • strangely enough I moved on to Brutal Bunch.... 2. Schtum, Face Down, COF, Pitchshifter, Prong, Dearly Beheaded, Merauder... Great stuff. I miss the days when I listened intently to EVERY track on these albums.
    •  PetePete
    • life of agony - through and through

:x
    •  JackJack
    • Just put on Mahavishnu Orchestra- The Inner Mouting Flame
    •  JackJack
    • Some nice 70's French psych:

Chico Magnetic Band

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/fuzzrockerrock/ChicoMagneticBand-front.jpg

•  JackJack
    • Siena Root, really good band, specially if you like stuff like Deep Purple and 70's psych
    •  JackJack
    • More psych this time: Reaction a German power trio. Album released 1972. Good stuff, kinda Cream inspired
    •  JackJack
    • Thunder and Roses- More psych, very cream hendrix influenced, 70's again
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Pete says:
      life of agony - through and through

:x

I listened to "Ugly" this morning in my car... Keith Caputo is sooooooo tiny but amazing!!!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Pete says:

i then found my Kerrang 'Supersonic' tapes from way back - great stuff - Type O (Black No. 1) Ash, Reef, Pist.On, dBh, The Dawn, Dub War, Kerbdog Cathedral, Floodgate, COC, Paradise Lost - two cassettes for free that got me to buy several albums, amny of which i still love. I know it's me getting old, but i wish free cds still made me feel like this did.

Is the COC track called 'King Of The Rotten'?
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Pete says:

i then found my Kerrang 'Supersonic' tapes from way back - great stuff - Type O (Black No. 1) Ash, Reef, Pist.On, dBh, The Dawn, Dub War, Kerbdog Cathedral, Floodgate, COC, Paradise Lost - two cassettes for free that got me to buy several albums, amny of which i still love. I know it's me getting old, but i wish free cds still made me feel like this did.

Pist.on = one of my all time faves... I actually told Val.ium that I lost my virginity listening to them (I didn't but somehow thought she'd appreciate it??)
    •  MazzMazz
    • Graveyard - S/T
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Silkworm, Firewater, particularly the song Slow Hands - the most emotive, brilliant solo ever
    •  MazzMazz
    • Trebuchet - Stick it in
    •  GarethGareth
    • Hopkins says:
      Pete says:

Is the COC track called 'King Of The Rotten'?

I'm 99% sure it's Man or Ash, although I had King of the Rotten on a CD ot tape too.

Prong! 'Controller'?
    •  feastoftentaclesfeastoftentacles
    • Cough - the kingdom EP and Sigillum Luciferi CD - totally awesome sludge band people should check them out - www.myspace.com/cough666

mark lanegan - whiskey for the holy ghost

buried at sea - migration

black mayonnaise - Ttssattsr

graves at sea - documents of grief

Tear it up
    •  alanalan
    • Gareth says:

I'm 99% sure it's Man or Ash, although I had King of the Rotten on a CD ot tape too.

Prong! 'Controller'?

Think they're on separate CDs. I looked everywhere but I've lost the one with COC on. :(
    •  CareyCarey
    • feastoftentacles says:
      Cough - the kingdom EP and Sigillum Luciferi CD - totally awesome sludge band people should check them out - www.myspace.com/cough666

i love cough. :)

np: droid - raggamortis
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • Jeronimo, W.A.S.P. and Ride a lot lately. History has not been kind to Ride I think.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Torche- Meanderthal after last night's rather splendid gig.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Cable (the US one) Live

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - I'm making September more bearable by listening to...