Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

PELICAN + TORCHE - 13th Sep - Sheffield

•  slomoslomo
    • As it says on the tin. Poster to come very soon!

•  PodgePodge
    • YES!
    •  PodgePodge
    • i'm well excited, double post REQUIRED
    •  EggyEggy
    • Might have to give city of echoes more listens, otherwise i won't enjoy pelican very much.

Am i the only person not to like torche? I keep trying but they haven't yet floated my boat.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Cock cock cock. We're in fucking Scotland.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • Eggy says:

Am i the only person not to like torche?

yes.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • grinderno1 says:

Eggy says:

Am i the only person not to like torche?

yes.

Oh indeed.
    •  MatthewRedStarsMatthewRedStars
    • I find Torche pretty pedestrian too to be honest, their riffs and structures sound very 'that'll do.... next' to me, but i am developing a passionate hatred of this type of music so maybe my view is clouded.
    •  adam_mountainsadam_mountains
    • whos putting on this legendary show? will have to pop down.
    •  slomoslomo
    • It is I
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Didn't know much about Pelican, but was mightily impressed when they played Corp last time with High on Fire:)
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Pelican bore me more and more each time I saw them.

I just about managed to stay awake at Primavera last year because I was by a beautiful scenic seaside and it was a beautiful sunset so, in all honesty, Kylie Minogue could have moved me.

Torche are awesome though. Triple crunchy heavy. Or something.
    •  GarethGareth
    • JenTheHen says:

Pelican bore me more and more each time I saw them.

I enjoyed them until the last time I saw them, didn't help I'm not a big fan of the last album.

I don't mind Torche, I'll happily listen to them if they're playing but I don't intend on buying the CDs.
    •  mikemike
    • I still think Pelican are wicked, they were great last time, the latest album is a real grower, its not as heavy any more but its still got that punch.

Torche are just phenomenal though so its going to be a great gig, I might try and catch them somewhere else if we're busy.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Gareth says:

JenTheHen says:

Pelican bore me more and more each time I saw them.

I enjoyed them until the last time I saw them, didn't help I'm not a big fan of the last album.

I don't mind Torche, I'll happily listen to them if they're playing but I don't intend on buying the CDs.

I love pelican's earlier work - australisia & the fire..., but most of their tracks sound similar to me - i can't indentify what they play when i see them live and don't listen to them often enough to get to know the tracks better. As for Torche, i expect i'd love their live shows, nice and heavy, but everytime i put their album on i end up switching it off part way thru as it just doesn't appeal to me, i think it's the vocals mainly.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Yes!!! I'll be there!!!
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • slomo says:

It is I

You sire are a God among men.
      I shall DEFINATLEY be booking time off to get to this as I'm sure a certain Robert Smith will be (I'm sure he'd say so himself if he wern't in Lanzaroti)
    •  mambamamba
    • Nice! I shall wait for further dates. Just for Torche really. Not bothered by Pelican.
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • Laddeth says:

slomo says:

It is I

You sire are a God among men.
      I shall DEFINATLEY be booking time off to get to this as I'm sure a certain Robert Smith will be (I'm sure he'd say so himself if he wern't in Lanzaroti)

Depends on the Day mate.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • It is a saturday night

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - PELICAN + TORCHE - 13th Sep - Sheffield