Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] April Now Playing Thread

•  JackJack
    • bbc 6 music
    •  seansean
    • boris - rainbows (still on my main playlist at home)
      johnny cash - unchained
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Someone at work's put on Pussycat Dolls. This is just plain RUDE, in that way fat girls in discos are.
    •  tom.atom.a
    • kruger
    •  mikemike
    • New Lazarus Blackstar song, the new vocalist sounds like Stocky, doesn't really work!
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • mike says:

New Lazarus Blackstar song, the new vocalist sounds like Stocky, doesn't really work!

Ooooh, them's fightin' words.
    •  mikemike
    • Not really, I'm talking about the fact they had someone who could scream to insane frequencies and replaced them with someone who does the whole talking/talking into screaming thing, its changed what they sound like completely, Cattens vocals were that band to me I reckon, now they'll just be sloooooooooow doom with these vocals over it.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • *checks LBS myspace page*

well that's an absolutely amazing band ruined then... :(
    •  mikemike
    • I'm going to go and see them next week, give it a chance like.
    •  PodgePodge
    • its not as bad as i thought t would be but the true test will be covering Catten's old stuff.
    •  mikemike
    • Yeah for sure, its a hard style to pull off.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • well the music's still pure LBS (obviously, as it's still Lee and Bri writing the songs) but his vocals are fucking horrible! it's like he's trying to do all the gymnastics that Paul's so brilliant at but in a completely different register and it just really doesn't work... :s

screams > growls. FACT!
    •  mambamamba
    • Melvins - Nude With Boots

Nice!
    •  Mark MontanaMark Montana
    • Bob Dylan - Desolation Row.

You cant beat it.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Man, I'm scared to listen to that LB song now. Don't want to hear the band going downwards.

I have to agree with Mike, as much i truely love the riffs and pounding beats, Catten made that band as good as it was. His intensity on record and especially live will be a hard thing to replace.

Where you seeing them at Mike?

Well, playing live with 'em next month so should get it over with...

*GULP*
    •  mikemike
    • Is it next month? I have no idea, theres loads of stuff happening over the next few weeks and I can't remember when what is happening when :D

Yeah its with you and Black Sun etc, should be a cracker!
    • Yeah that's it... 9th May. Heavyfest the day after too. Can't fucking wait for that weekend, will be a great gig.

Not too much interest in it so far in the 'Bands&Gigs' thread. Hope some fuckers are going to be there.
    •  mikemike
    • I'm sure there will be, its a great lineup.

Black Sun are worth it alone, harrowing.
    •  mikemike
    • Mouth Of The Architect- Demo

Still the best thing they've done!
    • mike says:

Black Sun are worth it alone, harrowing.

I must remember to listen to them, heard great things.

NP: Yawning Man - Rock Formations

The Meters - S/T

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] April Now Playing Thread