Menu

Forums - General Chat

It's the motherchucking weekend!

•  EggyEggy
    • I saw a dead badger on the A38 last night, and just after i exited the M1 from the new junction 5 mins from my house (J29a) i hit a rabbit on the slip road - glad it was that way round i expect a badger would do i fair bit of damage. That's my wildlife spotting for the weekend.

I might have one more experience soon though as we've been getting a bullfinch in our garden for the last couple of days, one of the more colourful of british birds.

I'm feeling pretty tired now from all that standing up, and driving yesterday. Glad i went to supersoinc yesterday, a fair few acts i wasn't too fussed about, but good experience, enjoyed oxbow, guapo and oren ambarchi the most. But i find it hard to listen to drone/noise for long periods while standing on the spot, and by the end of the night my feet were aching like fuck.

And i met thee one and only rustyspoon.
    •  noonenoone
    • Eggy says:

i hit a rabbit on the slip road - glad it was that way round i expect a badger would do i fair bit of damage.

most horribly selfish quote of the weekend?
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Nah, if he'd said "rather the little rodent bastard than me", that would have been selfish.
      It's like one of those "which of these horrible people would you sleep with if you had to sleep with one of them or die" questions. Hitting a badger or hitting a rabbit, no contest.
      Especially since the badger might well get up, follow you home and have your leg off.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Good weekend. All doomed out, tonight some nice quiet folking about.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Big Si says:

Nah, if he'd said "rather the little rodent bastard than me", that would have been selfish.
      It's like one of those "which of these horrible people would you sleep with if you had to sleep with one of them or die" questions. Hitting a badger or hitting a rabbit, no contest.
      Especially since the badger might well get up, follow you home and have your leg off.

Yeah they're bastards for that badgers are, that's why i'm glad i was doing 70mph down the dual carriageway and not slowing down on the slip road. That's why badgers are rarely seen, cos there behind you, sneaking up to nibble your legs off.
    •  noonenoone
    • I hope your car breaks down soon and badgers and rabbits eat you on the side of the A38 , just after you exit the M1.
    •  CareyCarey
    • back to the weekend...

supersonic was lovely. and the rats look very happy. thanks.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I feel scared to comment about that... my MG isn't doing too bad so far, service time and MOT time though next month. Funnily enough i've just been looking at ZR's, was wondering about trading mine in for a less expensive model, but i don't want one that has worse build quality than mine, and many have by the sounds of it. If i could get one 2 years newer with a good set off tyres (two of mine are cheap replacements), and a stainless steel exhaust then that'd be grand, but otherwise i'll just stick with mine til it blows up or my wheels fall off.

And i get eaten by badger, mole, and ratty.
    •  alanalan
    • My weekend consisted of shopping for Latitude, going to my mate's housewarming, a visit to a very crap club in Derby, back to my mate's, watching Planet Terror, and more drinks for my housemate's birthday.

Good weekend. :)
    •  rustyspoonrustyspoon
    • Eggy says:

Nice to meet you, but sorry i inflcted that beefburger upon you, was totally uncalled for :P
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • rustyspoon says:

Eggy says:

Nice to meet you, but sorry i inflcted that beefburger upon you, was totally uncalled for :P

You two totally bonded. Good to see.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I forgot to mention, but later on i bought a chicken burger from the muffin van outside space2 and that was lovely, it was from a chicken and everything.
    •  PetePete
    • I bought some chinese veg and rice and noodles for five fukcing ounds at Supersonic because i was drunk.
    •  noonenoone
    • how may ounds to the euro nowadays?
    •  mambamamba
    • I wasn't scared... honest.

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/153/99/586932454/n586932454_1030348_2855.jpg
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • mamba says:

I wasn't scared... honest.

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/153/99/586932454/n586932454_1030348_2855.jpg

That ride is amazing! although i didnt purchase the pic last time i went on it because despite properly bricking myself i look as calm as a hindu cow as opposed to my mate who looked like he just fell 12000 feet into a room where his mum is sodomizing his dad with a 12 inch dildo.... it was an interesting juxtaposition to say the least
    •  MazzMazz
    • Def Leppard and Whitesnake were brilliant. I got totally carried away with the whole event. Laura bought me a Whitesnake Scarf. It was good fun and I guess that is what I wanted from the evening.
    •  mambamamba
    • Bit disappointed I missed it. A friend of a friend forgot to put us on the guest list. He'd better hope our paths never cross!

In better news, I went to see Skindred in a little pub in Winchester and it was great. Proper old school sweaty gig.
    •  MazzMazz
    • mamba says:

Bit disappointed I missed it. A friend of a friend forgot to put us on the guest list. He'd better hope our paths never cross!

In better news, I went to see Skindred in a little pub in Winchester and it was great. Proper old school sweaty gig.

The Railway?
    •  mambamamba
    • Yup.

Never been there before. I like it.

Forums - General Chat - It's the motherchucking weekend!