•  mikemike
    • Pete says:
      Baby Jake + In the Night Garden

Cool.

New Peep Show, amazing as usual.
    •  mambamamba
    • mike says:

Just caught up with that. Was a good one.

Watched next weeks Homeland too. It's hotting up.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • mamba says:
      mike says:

Just caught up with that. Was a good one.

Watched next weeks Homeland too. It's hotting up.

i agree
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mazz says:
      Michael Portillo looking for eggs.

great railway journeys? yeah, i like that too...

was also into great british driving holidays with richard wilson.

Fuck. Yeah.
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Mazz says:

Fuck. Yeah.

Yeah..It's good post dinner TV..I snooze for about 50% of it.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Timeshift..about TRAMS.
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Mazz says:

Fuck. Yeah.

Yeah..It's good post dinner TV..I snooze for about 50% of it.

yeah, dozed off halfway through "the dark charisma of adolf hitler" on iplayer last week. i had just put new cushion covers on so was feeling extra comfy.

shit gets pretty wild round at mine...
    • mike says:
      I just watched a documentary about one-man black metal bands, featuring Xasthur, Leviathan and Striborg, all three are incredibly lonely, misanthropic guys with issues. Seeing Striborg walking around a cave and screaming was a bit ridiculous but Xasthur lives like a hobo in a house with bare floorboards and walls, very sad.

saw this. not really much to add tbh other than all three would be poor company in a broken lift.
    •  mikemike
    • Found Xasthur to be the most strange, genuinely has problems it seems. He looked haunted.
    • leviathan seemed like a genuinely very angry and slightly unpleasant guy. difficult to make anything out of striborg, but he was prob most "normal" - not really into his stuff tbh.

yeah, xasthur is a very strange one. there's obviously a lot going on there.
    •  PetePete
    • I watched Hit So Hard earlier this week - a documentary about the life of Patty Schemel, drummer for Hole. Interesting and entertaining doc, especially considering I'm no fan of the band.
    •  PetePete
    • Just watched Out of the Ashes, a DVD I got for my birthday. It's a documentary about the Afghanistan cricket team. It is amazing they have a team at all, but they then went from the lowest tier of international cricket - playing Nepal and Jersey etc in 2008 - up through the tiers to the World Twenty20 competition in 2011. It was a great watch.
    •  MazzMazz
    • The Secret of Crickley Hall
      Miracle on 34th Street (1994 version)
      The Box Of Delights (Episode 1)
    •  PetePete
    • I've just finished watching Game of Thrones series 1 for the first time. I only started watching less than a week ago but got quickly hooked.

I was expecting it to be more mystical than it was (until the final moment of the series that is), but at times it was more Rome than LOTR, for better and for worse.

The accents took me by surprise as well - very Sheffield, like overhearing an exaggerated quarrel down a local round here, even beyond Mr. Bean. At times it was like a Yorkshire version of League of Gentleman on a LARP away day (being harsh).

But generally I loved it, and look forward to the second series coming out on DVD, and hopefully I'll have Sky in time for the third series. The dwarf and the youngest daughter were brilliant, and it moved at a great pace, especially around episodes 5-9ish (10 was a bit of a let down I thought and the white haired queen and her warrior tribe bits got tiresome).

Also, cricket - didn't see anything today but it's intriguingly placed - I saw a fair amount of the last test, England were outstanding again,
      [Edited by Pete at 20:36 on 13/12/12]
    •  mambamamba
    • Pete says:
      Also, cricket - didn't see anything today but it's intriguingly placed - I saw a fair amount of the last test, England were outstanding again,

It's been slow going so far. We should be able to see how good our score is by the end of the day.

I've only been able to catch an hour or so of it each morning.
    •  PetePete
    • I got up for it this morning and saw until lunch. Root, the new guy, did well - I didn't realise he was from Sheffield. He looks about 13. Great bowling by the looks of it.
      [Edited by Pete at 12:08 on 14/12/12]
    •  PetePete
    • Christmas films: Avengers Assemble, the latest Dark Knight, Monsters vs Aliens, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Snowman 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Happy Feet, Ted.
    •  mikemike
    • I watched Home Alone, Muppets Christmas Carol, Scrooged (for the first time!), something with Danny DeVito about lighting up your house and a few more, feel TV'd out to be honest.
    •  PetePete
    • mike says:
      Muppets Christmas Carol, something with Danny DeVito about lighting up your house and feel TV'd out to be honest.

Me too for those films and the sentiment.
    •  BenBen
    • Watched the end of season 3 of boardwalk empire last night, pretty good.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] Winter watching thread