Menu

Forums - General Chat

World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010

•  alanalan
    • Is it me, or does the USA manager look like the singer from Presidents of the USA?
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • The Slovenia coach looks like George Burley according to my mate from work... I'm not too sure!

We got to watch it at work, but it was a right faff. Pleased we're through and the performance was much more dominant.
    •  mambamamba
    • And another correct score prediction for me and I have claimed the £75 worth of champagne first prize with a game to spare.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I got to the pub at 2pm and left at 10pm. Thank the godz I have today off.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • fuck me, the english are easily pleased. after england's previous performances, i wanted no less than total ANIHILATION. i thought england were dominant for sure, but if they play that way against germany they're getting bumraped.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Trying to be positive, at least there's no real shame in being beaten by Germany (we're used to it). Anything England can get from now on is a bonus (except for a Teutonic bumraping).
    •  PetePete
    • It'd be better to have finished 1st for the draw, but we may as well stay positive. Better beaten by Germany than Ghana, or Argentina than Uruguay... It might do us good facing what are considered serious opposition, get us focused...
    •  mikemike
    • Anyone see Italy get panned? Wow.
    • Haha! Nah, but it was on in the office and my colleague Alessandro was one ANGRY Italian!! Highlights at 11.20!
    •  mikemike
    • To be fair they were really good too but they looked so put out when they lost.
    •  alanalan
    • I'm gonna start a drone band called VUVUZELO)))))
    •  EggyEggy
    • mamba says:
      And another correct score prediction for me and I have claimed the £75 worth of champagne first prize with a game to spare.

I had a couple of bets on the Korea Portugal game and won £92, however i've bet a fair bit more since and lost most of it, although i have invested some in world cup winners bets and bets for next season.

I'm trying not to think about tomorrows tie.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • The cricket's gone well, then.
    •  PetePete
    • Big Si says:
      The cricket's gone well, then.

it's not over yet... :s
    • Well, that was thoroughly depressing.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Come on Spain! Although watching brazil and Agentina we'd been fooked next round even if we had of won.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Pete says:

in the last game i finally lost all my winnings, had germany to win and what with poodol scoring i didn't win any goalscorer bets so back to just a tenner on per game now, it was good while it lasted but the winnings from the korea game was pretty much a one off.

anyway at least the final should be intesting given that both teams have never won it.
    • Well the best team by a long way won well, good on ya Spain!

Bit of a crap final as always, though Marc van Bommel and co. did their very best to start a wrestling bout, the team with style flari, passing and good defending held out for that narrow margin.

Not really sure why Diego Forlan won the Best Player Award, but hey-ho, always good to have some mysteries!!

Man, doesn't it seem like a lifetime ago that England were involved in this tournament...!

Forums - General Chat - World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010