Menu

Forums - General Chat

World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Any seen that new Pringles ad with Crouchy's robot dance?!

That man is a legend!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • stuart pearce didn't look worried when we were losing 1-0. when stuart pearce gets worried, i get worried.

i think sunday's match was a bit of a spaff in the wind.
    • Aw man, Theo Walcott's proper blown it this time... unlucky chucky, although to be fair, his final ball has been crap lately.
    • So, 1-all. What are the fuzz-rockers' thoughts?

I thought we played well and shouldn't panic. I'd predicted a 1-1 draw in my office sweepstake, but reckon we'll put Algeria and Slovenia to the sword and blastbeat into the last-16.

I knew David James should've played.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Hmmm, not terribly impressed with the result but some good performances. Livened up towards the end but lacking the winning instinct. Thumbs up for Glen Johnson and Aaron Lennon, not too worried about Green's bad luck/fuck up- can't see Calamity James being any more reliable.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Apart from the scrum, England looked at their clueless worst and Australia were deserved winners. Yet again, a small amount of improvement from England has gone out of the window come the next round of international fixtures. Shambolic.

Now, what were you lot on about?
    • I'm watching Algeria v Slovenia whilst doing my ironing.

The ironing is more interesting.
    • if we come second in the group and get germany, we're gonna get raped.

soft, soft, soft display on sat from a team full of adulterers and egos. trying to play a game around one guy didn't work with beckham and will probably fuck us in the arse this time around. you live and learn. or not. bollocks.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Despite all the racist wankers and beered up cowards taunting police, I really want to like football, I do! But it's like going to watch a band everyone tells you are great (ooh let's the say, the Sword), only to be repeatedly, miserably disappointed.

Apart from a few teams who actually PLAY, eg France, Korea blah blah
    • Big Si says:
      Apart from the scrum, England looked at their clueless worst and Australia were deserved winners. Yet again, a small amount of improvement from England has gone out of the window come the next round of international fixtures. Shambolic.

Now, what were you lot on about?

yeah that as well. fuck's sake.
    •  CareyCarey
    • J Parker says:
      Despite all the racist wankers and beered up cowards taunting police, I really want to like football, I do! But it's like going to watch a band everyone tells you are great (ooh let's the say, the Sword), only to be repeatedly, miserably disappointed.

So it's more like going to a festival where a few of the bands are bloated, overhyped disappointments but there are some gems to be discovered on the second stage?

I quite like the World Cup, although it hasn't been that exciting yet this time around. Ghana goal my highlight so far.
    • J Parker says:
      Despite all the racist wankers and beered up cowards taunting police, I really want to like football, I do! But it's like going to watch a band everyone tells you are great (ooh let's the say, the Sword), only to be repeatedly, miserably disappointed.

Insulted thee mighty Sword and bigging up France in the same post?! Boo hiss buggery to you.

France were even worse than us v Uruguay, couldn't even finish them off with 10 men!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Can't stand football but I've actually watched quite a bit of the world cup. And you know what? It's been dull as hell so far. I sincerely hope it picks up.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I'm looking forward to the New Zealand game at 12.30. I've got my Ironing ready for a chilled out afternoon of lazy Ironing and SOCCER..before I return to work tomorrow.
    •  mambamamba
    • I've been catching up with important tasks since returning to work this morning. I've filled in my wallchart, discovered that I've got New Zealand in the office sweepstake (I think I've been fucked over) and am currently in 7th place in a correct score prediction game I entered.
    •  PetePete
    • I was first to draw out in our office sweepstake, and got Spain. :)

Today, my score predictions are...

NZ 1 - 1 Slovakia
      Portugal 2 - 0 Ivory Coast
      Brazil 3 - 1 North Korea
    •  mambamamba
    • Pete says:

NZ 1 - 1 Slovakia

Congratulations!
    •  MazzMazz
    • I cheered when NZ scored. It was very emotional.
    •  mambamamba
    • I haven't got a problem with these vuvuzela things at the football, but the one that has been parped outside my office window for the last 20 minutes is getting quite irritating.
    •  JackJack
    • take it off them and twat them round the head with it

Forums - General Chat - World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010