Menu
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      Depends completly on what you want, have a look on pinkbike.com in the for sale bit, can get second hand good wheels. For a wheel like I use looking at £100 + but I use downhill wheels for strength. You need to look at cross country wheels

Well I'm thinking of buying a spare for the training stand so I can use the proper one when I'm out and about so it doesn't need to been very tough.
    •  JackJack
    • Try chain reaction, wiggle, winstanleys etc in the sales sections online, could pick something up for around £50 if you search. Still need the cassette, quick release etc
    •  JackJack
    • Only thing that can be a pain when swapping wheels is that the gears need a bit of adjusting, because your using a different cassette (cogs) on each wheel. The chain etc beds into one cassette after a bit of riding so you might find when you swap wheels it skips a bit.
      Try and get exactly the same kind of cassette for each wheel and try to use both wheels about the same amount, until they wear in, hopefully you'll find an adjustment so you can literally just swap the wheels without having to do much. Hope that makes sense. I can explain later at jam
    •  GarethGareth
    • I think I need a new chain, mine locked up in funny angles yesterday when I took it out the shed.
    •  JackJack
    • spray it with loads of GT85
    •  BenBen
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      spray it with loads of GT85

When I worked in a bike shop I used loads of that stuff. It's like WD40 for pros, and smells awesome :)
    •  FalconstoneFalconstone
    • my tyre wall blew out yesterday, absolute disaster. got soaked on my roadbike proper this morning

I'm targeting 7000 miles for the year
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • my first scrape

some wanker opened the the driver side door as i was a metre away from them, so i swerved and nearly got mowed down by a bus coming up my rear, oooh errr
    •  seansean
    • Hopkins says:
      my first scrape

some wanker opened the the driver side door as i was a metre away from them, so i swerved and nearly got mowed down by a bus coming up my rear, oooh errr

i bet that got the heart pumping!!
    •  PodgePodge
    • Happens to every one at some point. had it a few times on the motorbike too

Hopkins says:
      my first scrape

•  JackJack
    • a guy purposefully clipped me in Cornwall once while i was riding up a hill causing me to nearly go flying, I then purposefully followed him to the traffic lights and proceeded to kick a dent in his passenger side door quite casually before riding home. Theres some bastards about
    •  RamoRamo
    • Last night i found a BMX in a hedge, have posted it on gumtree lost and found, is very shiny and has very nice stock hardware.
    •  PodgePodge
    • its mine, i left it there
    •  RamoRamo
    • Ah no worries i'll have it sent to you by helicopter, seriously though it's a custom build and maybe less than 6 months old, only very slight problem is a puncture in the back tyre. Think someone probably stole it and threw it away in haste to make a quick getaway.
    •  JackJack
    • what makes the frame?
    •  RamoRamo
    • GT
    •  JackJack
    • would be worth a few quid then. Often the lighter it is in bmx world will mean how expensive it is, as the lighter parts are what people spend dollar for
    •  PodgePodge
    • yeah yeah its a gt mine init
    •  GarethGareth
    • Ramo says:
      GT

Yeah, it stands for GareThs. Please have Victoria Pendleton ride it to my house.

Forums - General Chat - bikes