Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] Things I bought in the month of October...

•  MazzMazz
    • I just did some city driving in Bath and i need a new pair of pants
    •  mambamamba
    • 2 new tyres, some brake discs and pads, a service and MOT.

Ouch!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mazz says:
      I just did some city driving in Bath and i need a new pair of pants

you should try it in brussels. everyone drives like a cunt there.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Mazz says:

Wow yes, the streets of Bath. Crazy!
    •  mikemike
    • I might be getting a car at the end of the month, oof!
      I'm also getting an acoustic this month at some point.

This week I have bought lots of sandwiches and a waldorf salad.
    •  noonenoone
    • Has anybody here ever done an OU course and had help with course fees / grants ?
      I need some advice, please, if you have.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • ultimatekev says:
      Has anybody here ever done an OU course and had help with course fees / grants ?

My brother's doing an OU degree and he gets help. I could ask him questions if you like?
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Mazz says:

past my theory this morning. 50/50 for the questions = awesome...54/75 for the Hazard perception...not so good. I needed a shit halfway through the Hazard perception so blame the shit.
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Mazz says:

past my theory this morning. 50/50 for the questions = awesome...54/75 for the Hazard perception...not so good. I needed a shit halfway through the Hazard perception so blame the shit.

is that a pass? i didn't need to do hazard perception...
    •  MazzMazz
    • Yeah. 43 is a pass. On my practice ones I was hitting mid 60s. Dam you anus.
    •  CareyCarey
    • ultimatekev says:
      Has anybody here ever done an OU course and had help with course fees / grants ?

I assume you've checked here?

What is it you specifically wanted to know?
      [Edited by Carey at 20:30 on 09/10/09]
    •  noonenoone
    • well I'm pretty sure I qualify for most of my fees paid and a grant for a laptop etc.. as I earn under 6 grand but, after I've taken the intro humanities course for 10 points ( it's been over 11 years since I was in education, I need a refresher ) can I then go for the English Lang. and lit. Degree and get those fees paid for me, assuming I'm still a poor person?
      Also the courses overlap by a month in 2010 but I really want to start the degree whilst I have the time and motivation.
      I should put this in an email to them but I didn't have time last night or today.
    • electro harmonix nano lpb 1
    •  GarethGareth
    • I sold 4 bass speakers and my Bad Monkey is on eBay.

I need new brakes for both car and bike so this should cover them at least some of the way.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • mamba says:
      Just pre-ordered the limited edition vinyl and cd version of the new Fu Manchu album

Yeah, I need to do this too, sounds like their best one in ... well, ever!

Not spent much this week, but social night at work tomorrow should change that!
    •  mikemike
    • Books

Alain De Botton- The Fine Art of Travelling
      Alain De Botton- Consolations

CDs

The Fall- The Infotainment Scan
      The Fall- Live At The Witch Trials
      The Fall- Fiend With A Violin
      The Fall- Oswald Defense Lawyer

Burnt By The Sun shirt-

http://shop.relapse.com/dbimages/sleeves/4094TS_245.jpg
    •  MalevolentPandaMalevolentPanda
    • ultimatekev says:
      well I'm pretty sure I qualify for most of my fees paid and a grant for a laptop etc.. as I earn under 6 grand but, after I've taken the intro humanities course for 10 points ( it's been over 11 years since I was in education, I need a refresher ) can I then go for the English Lang. and lit. Degree and get those fees paid for me, assuming I'm still a poor person?
      Also the courses overlap by a month in 2010 but I really want to start the degree whilst I have the time and motivation.
      I should put this in an email to them but I didn't have time last night or today.

That degree (and most if not all the other OU ones) leave a 60 point gap at level 1 that you can fill with anything, from the OU or transferred in. So the 10 point course would be part of your degree, and it should all be funded if you haven't done a first degree already. The degree bit itself isn't really formalised until later anyway. You enrol for modules and can pick (and change) a qualification to put them towards at any point. I've said I'm doing Life Sciences but I could change my mind and do art for the remaining credits and take an Open degree if I went mental.

Overlapping courses isn't a problem, other than time. Some people will do three modules concurrently to get their qualification as soon as possible.

And the OU is wicked. I fully encourage you to go for it.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] Things I bought in the month of October...