Menu

Forums - General Chat

RIP Brian Shields

•  BenBen
    • Is this true? That's terrible. RIP Brian.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Terrible news. There's a thread for him over at the Kerrang forums
      [Edited by slack mammoth at 13:21 on 29/06/09]
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • That's really very sad news.

RIP Brian.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Shit!

just been looking on facebook, could see he'd passed away but was expecting some sort of accident. Had no idea. The last time i saw him was the gig at the red house soon after he'd moved to derby.

Saw he'd lost his job the other day. Didn't know he was doing that bad. :O :(
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Oh damn that's awful :(

He put me up at his house a couple of times which was very decent of him. I hadn't seen him in ages though.

Didn't expect him to do something like that....

will miss him L(
    •  noonenoone
    • ahh shit.
      that's a real shame.
      Such an outgoing guy who always had time for people.
      I had no idea he was having a difficult time it never came across in his personality.
      Poor guy.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I really don't know what to say. Brian always seemed relentlessly upbeat. Poor guy.
    •  EggyEggy
    • that's what i just can't understand.
    •  PetePete
    • That's terrible. For all his little faults he was always friendly, never negative and always enthusiastically willing to talk to anyone and everyone. This is really sad news.
    •  CareyCarey
    • How sad. I'd not seen him for a really long time but yeah, as other people have said, he always seemed really positive. Such a shame.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Pete says:
      That's terrible. For all his little faults he was always friendly, never negative and always enthusiastically willing to talk to anyone and everyone. This is really sad news.

I think that sums up what I'm thinking. I know I sometimes got a bit short (no pun intended) with him when he was really hyper, but he never let it bother him that I could tell. It's well worth having a read of the threads on the Kerrang boards, it's amazing how many people from all over the place knew Brian.
    •  GarethGareth
    • It took me a while to warm to him, then we were out somewhere and it was just me and him having a chat and he was totally different. He just relaxed and stopped trying and we got on really well. I always liked seeing him after that. Not seen him in a while but it's still awful news.
    •  alanalan
    • I only met him a couple of times, but he seemed like a really friendly guy. Sad news indeed.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • That is very sad new I met him a fair few times on my visits to sheffield real nice dude. RIP.
    •  kirstykirsty
    • 'I can bend my leg' - classic Brian. I'll always remember that with a smile.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Not sure if I ever met him (I expect I did at some point) but terrible news all the same. :(
    •  EggyEggy
    • Been reading the kerrang forums, there's a group on facebook too now dedicated to him. I never knew just how popular Brian was, it looks like he's been to every major city in the uk and warmed peoples hearts. I also have only just realised that he was a massive poster on the kerrang boards - i registered a few years back but never really stuck around as it was quiet when i joined. And i didn't know until now that he was a regular on the Sell Out forum, i remember the username but can't remember a thing about the poster - i only met him through gigs in sheffield at a later date, and with me not living in nottingham there were many people i never got to know on sellout.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Shocking news, sound fellow he was.

RIP buddy.

Forums - General Chat - RIP Brian Shields