Menu

Forums - General Chat

Weekend thread

•  mambamamba
    • I went to the Ford show, had a good day, got burnt, but disappointed by the lack of Mustangs. I have developed a new found respect for Capris and Cortinas.
    •  JackJack
    • old cortinas are lovely, mark 2
    •  PodgePodge
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      We had a bbq at band practice, got some meat from the butchers down the road, they had sheeps heads in the counter, yum. We discussed taking motorbike tests and making Harley or Triumph bobbers
      nice idea, if i had the space i'd love to build a custom bike
    •  MazzMazz
    • I drove around a car park in Tewksbury on Saturday. Laura would not let me listen to Whitesnake while doing this, Nor would she let me drive back from Morrisons to Batheaston in first gear without using the indicators. :)
    •  JackJack
    • Podge says:
      Jack Dickinson says:
      We had a bbq at band practice, got some meat from the butchers down the road, they had sheeps heads in the counter, yum. We discussed taking motorbike tests and making Harley or Triumph bobbers
      nice idea, if i had the space i'd love to build a custom bike

Seriously considering it, getting someones half done project and finishing it off, Sam in our band is keen too so we can learn the ropes together. My Dad is good at bike building and we have some others around in London who can be tapped for advice. I'm aiming for January next year to buy something
    •  DonnyDonny
    • I went to Croydon clothes shopping, then cleaned the flat.

Crazy times.
    •  JackJack
    • Busy months coming up, I'm working at Download, Hard Rock Calling, Blur, Wireless Festival and Sonasphere. So my weekends will mostly be filled with camera assisting
    •  mambamamba
    • See you at Download and The Boss then.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • I was considering sonisphere - until I saw the stage split. all the bands I want to see are playing at the same time as other bands I want to see.
    •  mambamamba
    • I was considering it too. If they do day tickets nearer the time, I might do Sunday.
    •  MazzMazz
    • It's going to be cold for Download...It is...I swear..it will ruin EVERYTHING
    •  JackJack
    • Download so far has always been hot hot hot, we shall see if the tradition continues
    •  DonnyDonny
    • I couldn't give a tinkers. I'll be on a beach in Florida looking at arses.
    •  mambamamba
    • Donny says:
      I couldn't give a tinkers. I'll be on a beach in Florida looking at arses.

Coming round to the Florida idea then?
    •  PodgePodge
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      Seriously considering it, getting someones half done project and finishing it off, Sam in our band is keen too so we can learn the ropes together. My Dad is good at bike building and we have some others around in London who can be tapped for advice. I'm aiming for January next year to buy something
      there is a guy in the states off DFFD HERE who has done some really nice 250 / 300cc bikes. I'd be well up for it, I just don't have any space except the cellar and I'd never get it back out if i built it in there
    •  JackJack
    • build it in the cellar, take it apart, get the bits sprayed. Take it out and re-assemble
    •  PodgePodge
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      build it in the cellar, take it apart, get the bits sprayed. Take it out and re-assemble
      could do but then i'd have no where but the street to keep it. if i was going to get another bike i'd have to get a garage or something.
    •  JackJack
    • ah yeah getting your bike stolen would be off putting. I'm not sure where I'd put mine, I think I'd persuade someone with a garage to let me park it
    •  PodgePodge
    • there are some garages round here but one lot wanted £40 a week, that's more than i pay on this house and the others are just concrete pads so i'd need my own garage / shipping container which would cost me about a grand. having said all that. i've just been and put my tax disc on mine and noticed a huge crack in the faring where some one knocked it over, i've been thinking it would look good as a cheap streetfighter so maybe i'll mod the one i have first before starting on something new.
    •  EggyEggy
    • spent the weekend in newcastle for a mates stag do, come back over £200 lighter and with man flu, had a really good time and the weather was lovely, although i'd have prefered less of a breeze on saturday. Won one race at dogs, went to strip club twice, got bladdered and plenty of sun. Today i've slept for over 12 hours and spent the last few hours thinking i'd rather go back to sleep than go to work tonight. One of the lads spent £500, £20 per race at the dogs and £200 in strip joint :O

Forums - General Chat - Weekend thread