Menu

Forums - General Chat

Welcome to the weekend

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • Tonight - Last episode of CSI season 8, it's been the worst series so far, so I blame the writer's strike

Tomorrow - Wife out. So I shall eat meat, drink wine and watch The World At War

Saturday - Rustle up a mexican feast, watch United game in the local, and repeat Friday night's fun as the wife is at the ice hockey

Sunday - Not a lot, until I play footy
    •  MazzMazz
    • Tonight - TREBUCHET ROCK OUT

Friday = work/chores

Sat = Go to watch Southampton V THE MIGHTY WATFORD then back to Bath for drinks in the evening.

Sun = Read paper.
    •  mambamamba
    • Another pretty quiet weekend for me. What have I become?!

Tonight - cook food, watch tv, play Everybody's Golf World Tour (fancy a game Donny?)
      Tomorrow - maybe go and see John Reis' new band The Night Marchers with Winnebago Deal and Gunnbunny, or maybe stay in.
      Saturday - family lunch, then maybe a beer or 2.
      Sunday - not a lot.
    •  JackJack
    • What, no liquid!!!???

Tonight I'm going to do some online shopping for more patches to go on my jacket.

Friday- not sure

Saturday- Maybe go to Camden, shop then watch Aluna

Sunday- Downhilling
    •  mambamamba
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      What, no liquid!!!???

Nope, I've been clean for 2 months.
    •  mikemike
    • This should be in theory my last skint month, no crap to pay for next month, so until then, quiet weekends.

I'll be probably staying in all weekend now, but to be honest, thats fine by me.
    •  MazzMazz
    • mamba says:
      Jack Dickinson says:
      What, no liquid!!!???

I managed 5 weeks then went crazy at Nebula.
    •  alanalan
    • Mazz says:
      mamba says:
      Jack Dickinson says:
      What, no liquid!!!???

I was questioning the wisdom of alcohol the morning after Nebula.
    •  mambamamba
    • Mazz says:
      mamba says:
      Jack Dickinson says:
      What, no liquid!!!???

Not clean of alcohol for 2 months, just Liquid. That would just be stupid!
    •  MazzMazz
    • It did induce some pretty fruity moves like the ‘leaning back with air guitar held by my side’. I had a cold that so that did not help my hangover.
    •  JackJack
    • Ive stopped drinking at home mid week, i was thinking thats a slippery slope, my friday night plans have changed, been invited out for dinner and some drinks with a couple of people from work. Should be good
    •  mikemike
    • I never drink at home, I think its pointless, you just end up drunk in your house, then go to bed, thats me anyway, even feels weird if people are round to be honest.
    •  mambamamba
    • mike says:
      I never drink at home, I think its pointless, you just end up drunk in your house, then go to bed, thats me anyway, even feels weird if people are round to be honest.

Errrr yeah... me too. :blush:
    •  MazzMazz
    • I don't drink at home. It's a waste of drink. I'm more of a binge drinker.
    •  JackJack
    • haha. I like to do it to chill out. its nice to supp some beer while watching tv or if im doing stuff like posters on my computer etc. Problem is i have quite high tolerance so if i have like 8 beers in the fridge they just get downed one after another. So best not to have them there
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • I enjoy the odd glass of red, or a gin and tonic, in the comfort of my home, but that's it.
    •  mambamamba
    • I also have the 'if it's there I'll drink it' problem. Sometimes a glass (or bottle) of red. Sometime a few ales or lagers. Or even a nice bottle of vintage cider.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Hopkins says:
      I enjoy the odd glass of red, or a gin and tonic, in the comfort of my home, but that's it.

I used to do that every Friday and Sunday night but I have stopped. I was just numbing my craving for ROCK. When I stopped, Trebuchet started. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. My father (The Viscount) told me that ROCK is vital.

Have I ever told you that I like the ROCK?
    •  mikemike
    • I just end up sitting there alone in a drunken haze and its just depressing, I love beer, don't get me wrong, I just like to go out and do stuff at the same time.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I recently read an article in a science magazine about links between heavy drinking in young women and the development of allergies. I then considered the number of allergies I have developed in recent years.

Honestly, it has freaked me out quite a lot. I have been a consistent drinker since the age of around 13/14 and now, it seems, I may be experiencing some very real medical implications.

So I'm cutting down and trying to binge a lot less. I am not ever going to stop, but I'm thinking maybe it's time to just get nicely drunk on 5 pints once a week, rather than a bottle of wine, 6 pints and 5 gin and lemonades twice a week.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME?

Today I am having a pyjama day as I was up all night coughing and feel rough.

This weekend I will be entertaining Ferdousur and trying to convince him that Sheffield is not rubbish. Chinese fondue and comics will be involved.

Forums - General Chat - Welcome to the weekend