Menu

Forums - General Chat

New Site

•  noonenoone
    • I suggest more car chases , explosions and some tit flashes.
      Apart from that, looking good.
      What time do you serve the finger food?
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Here's a question.
      I often check out the site on my main computer or my laptop but whenever I log into one and get "remembered" I get kicked out the other and have to log in again.
      Sure it's only a mouse click to log in, but would it be possible to make both computers not forget I'm logged in?
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • It's not remembering me at the minute, I feel neglected. I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.14, apparently. I think I should hit up 3, I thought I had already.

Oh, and I concur with the forum being too narrow. Once you've gone down a thread past the four boxes at the top right, you end up with a load of dead space. Those boxes need a shrinking... and frankly, the "Get Involved!" is just bloody annoying to have on every page, and the Live Dates one is redundant when there's a link at the top serving the same purpose.

I think I'm currently of the stance that the integration of the two sites is very welcome and very well done, but I'm not sold on the design as yet. It looks basic, and in a lot of ways more dated than the old site.
      [Edited by Big Si at 10:10 on 02/08/08]
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Ooh, and I just remembered an issue I had with the old site that has been carried over - if you view a thread from anything but the first page of one of the forums, you then have no way of getting back to the page of forum index you came from without using the back button, or going back to page one and then to the page you were on.
      A direct "Back to Index" link would be good.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Looks like I can't add linky URLs with text in my posts. I add the url and text as normal in the 'Add a link' boxes but when I click Add it just disappears. :(

Edit: Actually seems to work in some posts. Bizarre. :s
      [Edited by 90dayman at 12:54 on 02/08/08]
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • http://z.about.com/d/healing/1/0/u/L/affirm_random.jpg

Pics work ok though. ;)
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • totally think its much better re drawing you to review section etc. Could have achieved that by having a menu bar across the top within old format though, looks a bit rubbish with all the white and too few posts per page.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • UBB tags arenae working for me.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • And another thing - last posts should appear FIRST!!! ?? Sorry to be picky
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • Big Si says:
      I think I'm currently of the stance that the integration of the two sites is very welcome and very well done, but I'm not sold on the design as yet. It looks basic, and in a lot of ways more dated than the old site.

Ditto. In my opinion, it looks like a step backwards. It's not actually as inviting as the old site. It looks pretty cold and unforgiving if you know what I mean? It's almost too functional... I guess me and Si might have a different aesthetic to most on the forum though, I dunno.
      [Edited by ChrisSD at 00:17 on 03/08/08]
    •  PodgePodge
    • i gotta say, having had a few days away from the computer and coming back to the site, once the few tweaks are sorted its going to be ace
    •  PodgePodge
    • Big Si says:
      Oh, and I concur with the forum being too narrow. Once you've gone down a thread past the four boxes at the top right, you end up with a load of dead space.

don't worry, I've made suggestions on how to fill some of the dead space under the avatar box, but making it wider wouldn't go amiss, I've just been on some other forums and in a way its nice they fill my screen.

ben / amy
      might be worth splitting this into bugs and suggestions, no?

and i'm looking for the CD artwork now
    •  PodgePodge
    • long user names get cut off in the new boxes... see feastoftentacles post in the October 4th gig thread
    •  BenBen
    • My head's still a bit broken from yesterday but I've managed to have a look at a couple of things tonight.

Firstly the "Remember Me" bit should be working now, although just like the old site, you can only have one session at a time.

Secondly, you should now be able to change the titles of threads you have started.

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll probably look at the ability to set how many items you see on a page - it's already there in the database I just need to put it in the front end.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Ben says:
      Firstly the "Remember Me" bit should be working now, although just like the old site, you can only have one session at a time.

seems to be working good for me.

Ben says:
      Secondly, you should now be able to change the titles of threads you have started.

i've only started 1 thread recently, the alldayer rollcall. when i click the edit thread link it gives me this

www.ninehertz.co.uk/forum/editThread.php?threadId=947

and then the page just stays blank
    •  BenBen
    • Sorry my bad, left some debugging in there which made it break on live. Should be ok now.
    •  EggyEggy
    • This thread i the only one i know currently that sends me to the beginning of the thread rather than were i was the last time i viewed it.
    •  mambamamba
    • When you reply to a post, you can't see previous posts below as you could with the old forum. I quite liked that.
    •  PodgePodge
    • mamba says:
      When you reply to a post, you can't see previous posts below as you could with the old forum. I quite liked that.

me too, i forget what i'm replying to otherwise
    •  PodgePodge
    • Ben says:
      Sorry my bad, left some debugging in there which made it break on live. Should be ok now.

all working good and proper, cheers

Forums - General Chat - New Site