Menu

Forums - General Chat

New Site

•  PodgePodge
    • Laddeth says:
      Would it be possible to impliment a "Recently Posted" or "Most posted in" thing on the front page?

i believe a view all posts since last visit, is in the pipeline
    •  BenBen
    • What Browser please?

Re: view all, the new forum should take you to the next unread post automatically when you click on the link. If that's not working I'll need to look at that later.

I really need to do some work now, but I'll be working hard on this later tonight.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Laddeth says:
      The add link/image things arn't working for me

nor for me, i click add and it clears the field but adds nothing to my post
    •  PodgePodge
    • Ben says:
      Re: view all, the new forum should take you to the next unread post automatically when you click on the link. If that's not working I'll need to look at that later.

if that's what i think you mean, then that's quite clever.

all my issues are with firefox 3
    •  PodgePodge
    • when i click some threads its taking me to the top of the page so i have to scroll down to see the newest post. some times it takes me to the bottom of the page so i dont have to go anywhere to see the newest post
    •  PodgePodge
    • animated avatars are no longer animated... see Jen's for a prime example
    •  PodgePodge
    • Podge says:
      Laddeth says:
      The add link/image things arn't working for me

nor for me, i click add and it clears the field but adds nothing to my post

fixed

http://ccgi.houseofsoyo.force9.co.uk/calculon/images/logosmall.gif:rolleyes::cry::x:cool::angel::blush:
    •  PodgePodge
    • i liked how the old site filled the screen from side to side, this one feels very thin and long.
    •  mambamamba
    • Firefox 2 is not 'remembering me'. IE7 does.
    •  mambamamba
    • Couple of things...

Link to live dates in new stories (e.g. Melvins news story) don't work, presumably as it should be directed to a different url now.

Flyers for past gigs not working in About 9hz, but you probably know about that already.
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • Congrats guys. Quite like the new look, but I am quite nostalgic about old version. Seem's slower on my laptop though
    •  PodgePodge
    • mamba says:
      Flyers for past gigs not working in About 9hz, but you probably know about that already.

added to that if you go to about then to the dexter jones flyer and click on the read review link it just goes direct to the front page not to the review
    •  PodgePodge
    • just got a msn from Tom A...

he says he cant remember his password and the reset function isn't working

he's using a hotmail address and ie7
    •  PodgePodge
    • Tom A (who has now found his login) has sent me a PM.

it says in my avatar / welcome box that i now have 2 new PMs

when i click the link to my inbox there are no new messages

when i view my profile it says i have no new messages.
    •  PodgePodge
    • i sent a fresh PM (not a reply) to Tom A and he says
      quote:
      yeah mine says I've got one but cant see the fucker for the life of me
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Amy B says:
      Thanks Jen (and Podge).

We've released it in time for the alldayer so the if we gets us new users after the weekend they'll see the shiny look (the old one was very dated)

See, this is the problem. Things go out of date so fast these days and in particular website looks like the old one. I didn't think there was anything dated about the old look at all to be honest. Was it putting newcomers off?
    •  JackJack
    • mine says about a pm too, but nothing new in the inbox
    •  PodgePodge
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      mine says about a pm too, but nothing new in the inbox

that could well be the one i sent you... I don't know if its problems with PMs just relating to set or received by me or if its the same problem across the board
    •  PodgePodge
    • sabbathfan says:
      See, this is the problem. Things go out of date so fast these days and in particular website looks like the old one. I didn't think there was anything dated about the old look at all to be honest. Was it putting newcomers off?

i very much doubt that you will see the old one again.

lets just try make this one as good as it can be by adopting anything missing from the old one that we liked and progressing forward with it.

i have to say i wasn't sure about the new site looks but after messing with it for 2 weeks or so its growing on me.
    •  PetePete
    • Just to add my point to this...

Ben and Amy have been building the new site for quite a while now. I think it looks amazing, and, once up and running completely, will have many more functions than the previous site - greater flow between the forums and the main site being a prime example.

The debate we had this week was whether to launch, with some known missing points, in time for the all dayer, knowing we are likely to generate a lot of new interest to the site as a result. Our decision, obviously, was to go or it, to put a thread up here in the forum for regulars to list their thoughts and problems.

Most of the problems listred in this thread are known, and will be dealt with shortly. Others, such as order of forums, are more of an opinion and we will between us have discussions on these in the near future.

I think it's arguable either way whether we should have done it now, or later when everything was sorted, but there you go - we've made the decision, we've done it, and here is the new site.

Forums - General Chat - New Site