Menu

Forums - General Chat

New Site

•  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • I don't know whether it's me not used to it, but it's not really as aesthetically pleasing as the old one... Maybe I'm already being nostalgic...

Also, the reviewers bit 'only for reviewers' has disappeared. Do I need to notify peeps I want to be added to this again?
    •  JackJack
    • eh wheres the london alldayer secret forum, really need that info, kind of like a stash of contacts etc cheers Jack
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • lol podge will accept nothing but perferction ha ha....

im looking at the time of podges posts and its as if you were clicking like a mad man to find things wrong with the page haha
      you web masters dont stand a chance ha ha
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • I don't see the point of seperating music and general discussion. Maybe on a larger forum it might work but not here. And I really think the old look was much better.
    •  PodgePodge
    • HogTeam says:
      lol podge will accept nothing but perferction ha ha....

im looking at the time of podges posts and its as if you were clicking like a mad man to find things wrong with the page haha
      you web masters dont stand a chance ha ha

that's because i was sat here sending people PMs when the site went down and then popped back up with this, now i have no idea if people have got my PMs. which really suck as a lot of it was information about the alldayer and I'll not know if people are sorted till it happens... or more to the point doesn't. not good.

also, the guys and gals who built this are away at the weekend, if all the problems aren't listed now then cant be fixed and on Sunday, after one of the biggest promotional events this site has ever seen when hopefully a load of new people will be checking the site they are just going to find a load of broken stuff.

i know you have worked hard on this people but i would have seriously gone for more testing before going live
      [Edited by Podge at 08:01 on 01/08/08]
    •  PodgePodge
    • sabbathfan says:
      I don't see the point of seperating music and general discussion.

kind of seconded, but i'd say why have bands gigs and labels, and then a seperate music one, there is hardly anything in music that doesnt fit into those catogorys
    •  PodgePodge
    • i've just come back to the computer this morning and nothing is showing as there are new posts, i had to look at the date stamp of each sub forum to see if there were new posts.
    •  PodgePodge
    • the input field for posts is tiny, there is loads of space below it unused, can we have it expanded please?
    •  PodgePodge
    • there is no "view all posts in a thread" option and with the pages now being so short and having so few posts its difficult to recap on something with out going through all the pages.

clicking view all and scrolling down quickly to my last post was a god send in times when a thread has moved fast.
    •  PodgePodge
    • i think the order of the forums needs changing

i would suggest

General Chat
      Music Discussion (including bands & labels)
      Gigs
      News, Reviews and Articles
      Reviewers
      Promoters only
      Editors Forum

it seems more logical to me
    •  PodgePodge
    • if the avatars aren't the correct size, big white borders show on the right and bottom of it. it looks a bit pants, can we not have an either stretch avatar to fit or preferably remove the green border from round it so it doesn't look pants
      [Edited by Podge at 08:23 on 01/08/08]
    •  PodgePodge
    • an introduction to the new features would be nice too.

might help people use them from the off instead of just finding them two months from now
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I would just like to say that I think the new site looks lovely.

I'm sure you will get any issues ironed out.

Well done!
    •  PodgePodge
    • JenTheHen says:
      I would just like to say that I think the new site looks lovely.

I'm sure you will get any issues ironed out.

Well done!

yes, in my 101 posts about bugs etc, i seem to have missed the well done bit. sorry and well done
    •  BenBen
    • That's because I just fixed the groups podge, you weren't supposed to have access to them.

I'm at work now so can't really do much until I get home.

@BigSi - the number of items will be customisable soon.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Ben says:
      That's because I just fixed the groups podge, you weren't supposed to have access to them.

I'm at work now so can't really do much until I get home.

@BigSi - the number of items will be customisable soon.

i know, i deleted that post when it all changed back to how it was a couple of days ago.

cheers
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • Thanks Jen (and Podge).

We've released it in time for the alldayer so the if we gets us new users after the weekend they'll see the shiny look (the old one was very dated). The vast majority of it works fine so it won't put off any new users (just annoy you old timers!).
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • Oh, and we had a long discussion about what to call and how to order the forums. We decided to separate out music discussion from general chat as music, rather than what people are eating for lunch, is the point of the forum.

I really should do some work now...
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Podge says:
      there is no "view all posts in a thread" option and with the pages now being so short and having so few posts its difficult to recap on something with out going through all the pages.

clicking view all and scrolling down quickly to my last post was a god send in times when a thread has moved fast.

I concur, I hate when forums dont have this cos trawling through page after page to read posts I've missed (such as this thread) is rather annoying

Would it be possible to impliment a "Recently Posted" or "Most posted in" thing on the front page?

The Add link/image things arn't working for me
    •  PodgePodge
    • Amy B says:
      Oh, and we had a long discussion about what to call and how to order the forums. We decided to separate out music discussion from general chat as music, rather than what people are eating for lunch, is the point of the forum.

that's fine, its the separation of bands, gigs and labels from music that seems odd to me, not the separation of general chat from everything else
      [Edited by Podge at 08:46 on 01/08/08]

Forums - General Chat - New Site