Menu

Forums - General Chat

Who's going to Download?

•  DonnyDonny
    • I was in Blue Camp. Totally tame compared to Reading, was just kids having fun who in turn got harrassed by over zealous security. Even the Police were laughing to themselves about the antics around us, but security stomped in, literally crushed peoples chairs kicking them over and snapping them as if to teach people a lesson. Proper wankers.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Yeah, where I was some people attempted to pull down the lighting and there were constant shouts of "I'M SPARTACUS!" all night but nothing compared to what I've seen happening at Reading when I've camped there.
    •  Mark MontanaMark Montana
    • Thats great and she's proper hot.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Awww I can't look at vids at work.
    •  MarekMarek
    • Hopkins says:

What was it like playing at 11am?

I thought of you whilst I was at the garden centre and losing all rock n' roll credibility

Ha, thanks Chris, it was awesome fun of course, I forgot to warm up so my arm felt like a zombie limb but played through a bass 4x12 and it sounded pretty good to me. Good reaction from what I could tell and from everyone I spoke to so very relieved. And very happy!

Just amazed we all got their in time.

Judas Priest were amazing too. And Testament (mainly the first part) were great yeah. Valient Thorr were fun too.

The fucking layout sucked massive balls. And generally it's such a rip off it makes me very mad.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Totally forgot about Valient Thor. Fucking excellent

•  mambamamba
    • Donny says:

Totally forgot about Valient Thor. Fucking excellent

You caught them then. Totally worth missing the end of Jimmy Eat World for.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Yeah, did a quick run back.

Totally worth it, even more so because Cavalera Conspiracy were such a shower of shit, shame I didn't see them end of the thor set because I was rushing off for it... and I cut my chat with Nick short too.

Booooo
    •  mambamamba
    • Yeah I was pretty underwhelmed with CC so went and watched the end of Lostprophets, which was pretty good to be fair to them.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Am I the only person here who thinks Cavalera Conspiracy were one of the best bands of the weekend?

I liked the songs from their album that they played and all the old Seps stuff they did was good too I thought. Having said that perhaps I didn't take it in the same way as I was in the pit for quite a bit of it!

I also thought The Offspring were one of the best bands of the weekend as well though... [their set tailed off somewhat in the last half hour however, setlist wise].
    •  mambamamba
    • sabbathfan says:

I also thought The Offspring were one of the best bands of the weekend as well though... [their set tailed off somewhat in the last half hour however, setlist wise].

I just didn't think they put on much of a show which is about the only thing that appealed to me about them having seen them at Reading a few times.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • It only took a few songs before I was singing along. The crowd seemed to be a mix between teenagers and older fans like me who remember buying their 90s albums.

I enjoyed it all a lot more than I thought I would. The only complaint was that towards the end too much of their lightweight stuff was played.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Was really disapointed by the Offspring. But maybe that was more because I couldn't get into the tent for testament and was being in a mood.

Which reminds me, apologies again to Mamba who had to witness me throwing a tantrum because people were dawdling before motorhead.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I didn't realise you'd done a podcast with Muni, Nick. That's awesome.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • sabbathfan says:

It only took a few songs before I was singing along. The crowd seemed to be a mix between teenagers and older fans like me who remember buying their 90s albums.

I enjoyed it all a lot more than I thought I would. The only complaint was that towards the end too much of their lightweight stuff was played.

I didnt see Offspring at Download... mostly cos i didnt go to Download.. but last time i did see them i was incredibly disappointed that they didnt play anything pre Smash..... why wont they play dirty magic?
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • I thought that as well. Dirty Magic is a great song but they don't play it. I thought they were going to release a new version of it on their new album but they haven't judging by the tracklisting [unless it's a hidden bonus track....]

Ixnay on the Hombre was criminally ignored too I thought, only 2 songs played from it. They seem to like Americana a lot though as they had 6 or so off that. I don't have a problem with that as I like that album; it was the first CD I bought.

There were a few new songs played which sounded rather good - perhaps they've remembered how to write rock songs again and not poppy stuff.... I have the new album in front of me now; not managed to give it a listen yet but now is a good time to try....
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • sabbathfan says:

I thought that as well. Dirty Magic is a great song but they don't play it. I thought they were going to release a new version of it on their new album but they haven't judging by the tracklisting [unless it's a hidden bonus track....]

They did a new version of it on Conspiracy Of One. I've forgotten the title, but there's a new version of most of their songs on that record.

Forums - General Chat - Who's going to Download?