Menu

Forums - General Chat

Who's going to Download?

•  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I'm getting excited. I haven't been to a proper festival for years.
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • High on Fire were having a swift pint in The old Angel (Notts) last night... very exciting!! Matt Pike YUM!!!

;)
    •  PodgePodge
    • text message just in from my mate... "download is full of freaks"
    •  mikemike
    • Its been pissing it down, nothing better than seeing metallica fans wet and miserable!
    •  JackJack
    • Greetings from Download festival, I'm currently watching Judas Priest, next up Kiss.
    •  MarekMarek
    • Municipal Waste owned the weekend by light years. Great weekend. That is all.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • What was it like playing at 11am?

I thought of you whilst I was at the garden centre and losing all rock n' roll credibility
    •  mambamamba
    • Just got home and all showered. Highlights of the weekend: Airbourne, Valient Thorr, Municipal Waste and KISS! Good to finally see Invasion too and hang with Donny and co.

Disappointment: Kid Rock pulling out.

•  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Aye, rather fun, if tiring for us working stiffs.

Municipal Waste were indeed awesome, although Dillinger get my band of the weekend, if only for hanging upside down from the tent supports and throwing a whole flight case into the crowd. High On Fire and Rolo Tomassi were also ace, but gutted I missed Invasion due to reviewing the Tuborg stage then :(

Weather was also more or less brilliant, if a bit cold when the wind got up.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • It was a shame the Moto GP next weekend meant that the festival stage had to be moved over to the left of the track - the walk to the campsite was far too long. But I liked the setting of the main stage and the view over the fields.

Highlights for me - Judas Priest [GREAT setlist], The Offspring, Motorhead, Saxon [felt like a homecoming show in a way], Airbourne and Cavalera Conspiracy, the pit for Roots Bloody Roots was ridiculous!

Also enjoyed Wildhearts, Municipal Waste, Rose Tattoo, Children of Bodom and Kiss.

Managed to visit the motor museum too, nice place to go and look around if F1 is your thing.

PS: Some of you might have seen me on Sunday as I was carrying around a large flag - a Royal Navy ensign [basically a St. George's cross with a Union Jack in the corner]. I was waving it around during Airbourne's set.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Well fuck me, that was awesome. Sat at work now though feeling sorry for myself. (51 e-mails of shit to wade through that my collegues should have dealt with).

High Points:

KISS (best gig experience EVER)
      Municipal Waste
      The Wildhearts
      Airbourne
      Judas Preist playing painkiller
      Alter fucking bridge.
      Getting face painted

Low points:

THAT fucking walk to the main arena.
      Wind burn.
      The poo I did at 5:45am
      Cavelera Conspiracy (disapointment of the weekend)
      The wildhearts set getting cut off 30 seconds into 29x the pain
      Pissing myself (literally) 3 times during kiss's set because I didn't want to miss anything

Was awesome to meet and hang out with Mamba. Bump into Jack, slack and rob and watch invasion far too fucking early!
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Apparantly The Wildhearts got cut off because someone threw a knife at the stage.

Highlights for me:

Dillinger
      High On Fire absolutely annihilating
      Buying a Celtic Frost hoodie
      Seeing the brutality of the Municipal Waste tarmac wall of death
      Within Temptation
      TESTAMENT!
      AMON AMARTH!
      PRIEST reminding me why they rule

Lowlights:

Far too many pricks there
      Having to walk back to the hotel on Friday due to our taxi service being idiots
      Being far too tired to properly enjoy Within Temptation
      Being called Alan Partridge 87 times a day
      The food prices (what is this, London?)
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • Spoke to my mates who got back yesterday and i thought id mention that if you saw a naked idiot getting carted off by the police.... that was my mate..... arrested for indecent exposure on sunday night..... *shakes head*
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • slack mammoth says:

Apparantly The Wildhearts got cut off because someone threw a knife at the stage.

slack mammoth says:

(what is this, London?)
    •  mambamamba
    • Other low points:
      - Falling asleep in the hospitality tent and missing most of Fighting With Wire.
      - Falling asleep in the hospitality tent and missing most of Wildhearts.
      - Falling asleep on the concrete by the second stage to be woken by people pointing, laughing and taking photos of me.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Donny says:
      Pissing myself (literally) 3 times during kiss's set because I didn't want to miss anything

You rule!!

Why didn't you just piss on the ground or in a bottle?
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Hopkins says:

Donny says:

You rule!!

Why didn't you just piss on the ground or in a bottle?

I kept getting bottles and putting them through my flies into my trouser leg and pissing in them (were lots of young girls around... didn't want to frighten them/have them laugh at my penis).

Only thing is I kept filling them too much and couldn't tell until I'd filled them to the top. By that point I couldn't stop.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • slack mammoth says:

Far too many pricks there

Depends where you went I thought. Most crowds at the bands I watched seemed alright.

Where I camped was quiet as well [red campsite, near the big tree at the end of the field]. Blue campsite by all accounts was rather ridiculous though.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • There was a bloke openly doing the drunk 5 year old during Judas Priest. Gross. Piss everywhere.

I missed loads of bands because I was really busy, shame. I wanted to see Fighting With Wire and Wildhearts among others.

•  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • A tip for anyone who goes there in future and likes to get a bit of peace and quiet - visit the motor museum, or sit outside it on one of the picnic tables. No dust, nice relaxing spot.

Forums - General Chat - Who's going to Download?