Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] May Now Playing Thread

•  grinderno1grinderno1
    • Altered Course - Isis.

quietly on my headphones at work whilst talking to customers. VF goes metal! :cool:
    •  CareyCarey
    • JenTheHen says:

Berserkowitz - Gritfarm

Mint!

me too. it's quality. doesn't seem to have suffered from being lightly drizzled in gin either.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • Carey says:

JenTheHen says:

Berserkowitz - Gritfarm

Mint!

me too. it's quality. doesn't seem to have suffered from being lightly drizzled in gin either.

you or the cd...? ;)
    •  CareyCarey
    • grinderno1 says:

you or the cd...? ;)

the CD, although i was also drizzled in gin internally and externally.

because supply was artificially manufactured to be much lower than demand, there was something of a wrestling match to actually see a copy. drinks were spilt. tempers frayed. faces were pushed.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Lots of Bedouin Soundclash in the sunshine. I love summer. :D
    •  mambamamba
    • Working on a day like this sucks. Been listening to:

Attack In Black - Marriage
      Blink 182 - Enema Of The State
      The Answer - Rise

More summer tunes after lunch.
    •  mikemike
    • Revising law again, but I've had Wooden Shjiips and Xasthur on, works out!
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Genesis - the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

Wonderful album, buy it.
    •  mikemike
    • New Cult of Luna, I'll review it as well.
    •  mikemike
    • mike says:

New Cult of Luna, I'll review it as well.

Fuck me its actually heavy, and good! Already ten times better than that pile of crap they released before.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • An Albatross - Blessphemy
      Portishead - Third
      Metallica - Master Of Puppets
      Will Haven - WHVN
      Daughters - Canada Songs
      Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Links
    •  PetePete
    • The Dillinger Escape Plan - Milk Lizard (on a free Relapse comp I got at Roadburn)
      Torche - Meanderthal
      Beehoover - Heavy Zooo
      Brant Bjork - Jalamanta
      Black Cobra - Bestial
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • mike says:

mike says:

New Cult of Luna, I'll review it as well.

Fuck me its actually heavy, and good! Already ten times better than that pile of crap they released before.

I thought you liked their last one....?

been playing The Who - Who's Next recently, which I like a lot.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Wolfmother - s/t
      The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely (new album...fucking great!)
      Witchcraft - Firewood
      Iron Hearse - s/t (fucking great band)
      Airbourne - actually ain't listened to it yet but will be in the car on the way home and I know it will rock!!!)
    •  mambamamba
    • Ollie says:

Hoover was raving about this on Saturday night. I've got it but not listened to it yet.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • mamba says:

Ollie says:

Hoover was raving about this on Saturday night. I've got it but not listened to it yet.

is that the one with Jack White? heard the single on MTV, s'alright like.
    •  mambamamba
    • Yep. I've not heard the new single. They were great at Reading a couple of years ago. Most unexpected. Jack White's actually pretty good when he gets rid of that idiot on the drums.
    •  OllieOllie
    • It's a really varied album. The whole thing sounds like some relic from the 70's but it touches on heavy rock, blues, folk and prog. A bit more meaty than their first album.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • mamba says:

Yep. I've not heard the new single. They were great at Reading a couple of years ago. Most unexpected. Jack White's actually pretty good when he gets rid of that idiot on the drums.

i've always thought he's brilliant, retarded pseudo-sister absolutely murdering the worlds simplest drum line in the background or otherwise...
    •  OllieOllie
    • grinderno1 says:

mamba says:

Yep. I've not heard the new single. They were great at Reading a couple of years ago. Most unexpected. Jack White's actually pretty good when he gets rid of that idiot on the drums.

i've always thought he's brilliant, retarded pseudo-sister absolutely murdering the worlds simplest drum line in the background or otherwise...

I read a review of the White Stripes that said she plays drums like someone who can't...I liked that. My favourite review of them said they sound like a band where the drummer's gone to the shop at practice and the bassist is having a go on the kit.

I do find her strangely cute though.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] May Now Playing Thread