Menu

Forums - General Chat

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

•  DonnyDonny
    • Nah I don't play it while she's around (luckily she works shifts), it's just the expense she gets pissed at.

I mean I could be spending it all on shoes and dresses and cushions and nick nacks and a kitchen etc. Well the last one is valid I suppose.
    •  slomoslomo
    • I hate these games.

Theres no 'goodies killing baddies', in the same way that I think the film HOSTEL should have been banned. No redeeming social value. And theres too many greggs/mcdonalds generation children too fucking bored.

•  CareyCarey
    • i see why you don't like it but you can't go banning things because they don't have a moral message. or because some parents are too weak and lazy to control their kids. half my ten year olds have played GTA4 some time this week.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I know what we SHOULD ban though - FUN. Too many little fuckers having it.
    •  CareyCarey
    • define "fun".
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • GTA is fun, although only for about 10 minutes as I am old and easily lured away by the Antiques Roadshow
    •  mambamamba
    • I'm going to go and play it now. See you in a few weeks.
    •  mikemike
    • I don't agree with the whole victims of hype thing Jen, its a proven series of amazing games, that as most people here will attest has improved every game, its actually been the biggest selling game series with football games a close second for the last decade, because the games are so damn playable and well thought-out, they've taken about 3 years to make this one, its going to be amazing, but alas, like Pete, I'm waiting.
    •  BenBen
    • slomo says:

I hate these games.

That's not what I remember round yours when Vice City came out :)
    •  mikemike
    • Hmm, I could get a phones4u deal on a free phone, free xbox 360, £25 a month, 100 free texts and 225 minutes a month, does that sound good? I really can't tell.

I pay about £20 a month on the phone anyway roughly, and I get free texts, thats my only bonus really.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I get 200 minutes and 400 texts for £15 a month, but I had to buy my own phone. Your choice depends on if you think the the phone and the console are worth £10 a month, and if the contract is for 18 months or less, I'd say that's a yes.
    •  mikemike
    • Hmm, well it is for 18 months yes, I'll see what linda thinks, she was against me getting one at all when I mentioned the game the other day, I can afford it in all honesty if I'm paying about that now.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • I should imagine it'll be a bog standard 360 aswell which wont have the hard drive so you'll have to shell out for that which is another 65 quid
      It might not have a HDMI port but seeing you dont have a HDTV that shouldnt really bother you.
      I so want to get a PS3 with GTA4 then Gran Tourismo 5 when it comes out but with buying a house, money is so tight its unbelievable :(
    •  mikemike
    • Its got this system-

FREE X-Box 360 Arcade System
      Your brand new X-Box 360 Arcade System consists of an X-Box 360, Wireless Controller, 256MB Memory Unit, 5 Arcade Games and HDMI.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Yeah the Arcade has no hard drive and having a hard drive is kind of important on a 360
    •  mikemike
    • Ah beans.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • mike says:

I don't agree with the whole victims of hype thing Jen, its a proven series of amazing games, that as most people here will attest has improved every game, its actually been the biggest selling game series with football games a close second for the last decade, because the games are so damn playable and well thought-out, they've taken about 3 years to make this one, its going to be amazing, but alas, like Pete, I'm waiting.

I hear what you're saying. But you're wrong.
    •  mikemike
    • Yep, I still want to play it though and I might throw a paddy if I can't have one.
    •  mikemike
    • Laddeth says:

Yeah the Arcade has no hard drive and having a hard drive is kind of important on a 360

I may have to rethink having one in the next few months as a result of that, balls! Need to get a job after June, then save, woop.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Well you could get away without for a while but if you want to download more games/demos or make more than a few saves then your screwed.
      It'd just work out cheaper to buy the Premium rather than the Arcade system.

They have done a similar thing with the PS3.
      Theres the one with a 40gb HD or for an extra 100 quid you get a 60gb HD and it can play PS2 games, which is a rip off tbh.

Forums - General Chat - GRAND THEFT AUTO IV