Menu
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • mike says:

I'll come out then, my reputation as a flake is not one I like.

We all have to live with something. I'm quite proud of psycho feminist slag.
    •  mikemike
    • Haha, I didn't think people were bothered if I came or not most of the time wasn't aware of this really.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Well there you go then, take the ribbing as a mark of people desiring your company.
    •  mikemike
    • Ok then.

Whats going on? I had no plan in mind, my coursemates went out last night.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Pub in town? Washington? Somewhere else with a beer garden?

Check your PMs for special secret plans.
    •  mikemike
    • It was a bit cold yesterday for beer gardens but not sure about today! Don't mind really!
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • For fuck's sake, you two, PM. And don't talk about it in a thread afterwards.
    •  PodgePodge
    • The real Sarah says:
      I'm going to buy a frisbee after work (hopefully a super duper one like the one Podge has), does anyone fancy some park action this weekend? Weather permitting of course

Quarter mile, quarter mile. i think decathlon have some in. not cheap though and remember, it doesn't float. but yeah i'm up for parkage

JenTheHen says:
      I think it's me, Carey and Podge to be honest and that's a good line-up in my eyes!

ahhh, how lovely
    •  CareyCarey
    • i'll park.
    •  mikemike
    • Ooh, me and Jen thought it would be nice to go to the George IV unless anyone has objections there at 8? I'm going down to Jens for half 7 to walk like.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I spent too much money Wednesday as a friend of mine is going to Australia soon and it was her last night out in Sheff. I'm consequently staying in this weekend and reading books/writing riffs.
      I had a mildly surreal day at work, sitting in Court helping a Judge complete The Times crossword.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Podge says:

The real Sarah says:
      I'm going to buy a frisbee after work (hopefully a super duper one like the one Podge has), does anyone fancy some park action this weekend? Weather permitting of course

Quarter mile, quarter mile. i think decathlon have some in. not cheap though and remember, it doesn't float. but yeah i'm up for parkage

The ONLY frisbee to get is the Aerobie. Seen one go the whole length of a football pitch constantly 1ft from the floor. Best ever.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Tom P says:
      The ONLY frisbee to get is the Aerobie. Seen one go the whole length of a football pitch constantly 1ft from the floor. Best ever.

that is indeed what i have, the mini Aerobie is cock though
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Good stuff. Unsuprisingly, the one we were using got lost after we chebbed it from the top of a big hill, reckon it did a mile
    •  PodgePodge
    • Tom P says:
      reckon it did a mile

a slight exageration?

wikipedia says:
      It was used to achieve the Guinness World Record for the "longest throw of an object without any velocity-aiding feature". The record was originally set in 1986 and then broken in 2003 in San Francisco by Erin Hemmings. The 2003 record toss traveled 1,333 feet (406.3 metres) and the Aerobie was airborne for over 30 seconds.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • My old skitzophrenic housemate bought a Frisbee once.
      He went down the park to chuck it about on his own.
      It broke as soon as it hit the floor once.
      Story of his life.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Laddeth says:
      My old skitzophrenic housemate bought a Frisbee once.
      He went down the park to chuck it about on his own.
      It broke as soon as it hit the floor once.
      Story of his life.

was it a plate?
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Unfortunatley not
    •  rustyspoonrustyspoon
    • Flower Parade weekend this weekend so get in town as fast as possible, get beer and get home.
      Listen to sludgy music, read some book called The Electric Church, play xbox and ignore my phone as i happen to work with 5 liverpool fans.
    •  mikemike
    • The George IV is a weird pub.
      The Hillsborough Hotel is perhaps the nicest pub I've been to in a while.
      The Washington is I was drunk.

Tonight is-

http://www.singingknivesrecords.co.uk/FlowerCorsano_Saturday3rdMay08.jpg

Anyone want to come along with me and Carey, the explanations are pretentious but the flower/corsano duo are something to behold.

Forums - General Chat - Vikend