Menu

Forums - General Chat

Seriosuly scary music?

•  EggyEggy
    • 'bowels of love' is also one of the better songs on that album. In fact i've always thought the album is one of therapy's finest, dark, disturbing and experimental. I recall it had many critics when it was released.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Pink Floyd's Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun is a song I find very brooding and dark, and pretty creepy. My friend has a different opinion though, he finds it relaxing. But I think it's pretty frightening.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I'm actually finding 'me Vs you' more scary than the other therapy? tracks.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Most of the 'The Holy Bible' is very unsettling

•  PodgePodge
    • most of this is not scary in the least, or i'm well hardcore / desensitised.

if you want unsettling stuff you need to look at noise and electronica artists

Gloomy Sunday by Billy Holiday was banned it supposedly sounded so bleak

of the "acceptable" nasty stuff, no one has mentioned Red Right Hand, thats a harsh recording
    •  mikemike
    • I still haven't found that online.
    •  CareyCarey
    • red right hand or billie holiday?
    •  GarethGareth
    • I found that Billie Holiday song online, didn't strike me much.

I think the Kate Bush song Rob means is 'And Dream of Sheep.'
    •  CareyCarey
    • Gareth says:

I found that Billie Holiday song online, didn't strike me much.

I think the Kate Bush song Rob means is 'And Dream of Sheep.'

wash your mouth out, hughes. lady day kicks the shit out of kate bush.
    •  cotton hillcotton hill
    • 'My Mummy's Dead' from 'John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band' always proves to be an extremely uncomfortable conclusion to that album. The scratchy, lo-fi recording and his resigned delivery remind me of those police interviews with serial killers once they're caught.
    •  mikemike
    • Carey says:

red right hand or billie holiday?

RRH.
    •  PodgePodge
    • mike says:
      RRH.

i have it here in front of me if you like

the BH song was not Frightening though this was a long time ago and standards have change
    •  mikemike
    • Its more haunting than anything, not scary.
    •  CareyCarey
    • wikipedia says:

"Gloomy Sunday" is a song written in 1933, by Hungarian pianist and composer Rezső Seress.

Though recorded and performed by many singers, "Gloomy Sunday" is closely associated with Billie Holliday, who scored a hit version of the song in 1941. Due to unsubstantiated urban legends about its inspiring hundreds of suicides, "Gloomy Sunday" was dubbed the "Hungarian suicide song" in the U.S. Seress did commit suicide in 1968, but most other rumors of the song being banned from radio, or sparking suicides, are unsubstantiated, and were partly propagated as a deliberate marketing campaign.

•  Tom PTom P
    • "torn between suicide and breakfast" from the EHG tribute usually makes me feel instantly depressed... it's not scary, just makes life seem a little more grim
    •  CareyCarey
    • but the title never fails to make me smile.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Butthole surfers scares the fuck out of me!!!!!
    •  EggyEggy
    • Tusk
      oxbow

•  Matt_tgpgMatt_tgpg
    • Early Esoteric, now that was scary.

Forums - General Chat - Seriosuly scary music?