Menu

Forums - General Chat

Some Tw*t Stole My Motorbike Last Night

•  DonnyDonny
    • Shit news podge. Sorry to hear that. Was it outside your place yeah? My mate lives just down the street from you and has some gorgeous bikes. Better tell her to watch them.
    •  PodgePodge
    • is it literally just down the street? there are loads of bikes round mine, all more expensive and in better condition. why the took mine i really don't know.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Yeah I think so, from where you explained it sounds just round the corner.
    •  PodgePodge
    • the bloke who works in the chippy up in Crookes has a new bike too, well when i say new bike i mean he now has a ratty thing where as he used to have a nice swish one. i wonder if there has been a few thefts lately.
    •  EggyEggy
    • possibly, i bet someone's been keeping a close eye on the area, they obviously knew you were out. Where did you have it anyway?
    •  PodgePodge
    • it was parked out side my house on the other side of the road as we have a better view of it from there then if it was parked right next to the house.

hopefully looking at a new one on Friday or Saturday.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Podge says:

it was parked out side my house on the other side of the road as we have a better view of it from there then if it was parked right next to the house.

I never quite got the reasoning behind parking things in site of your house.
      In theory yes its a good idea, in practice though, do you spend all your spare time looking out the window at your car/bike?
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • No, but it means if you're passing the window you can have a look, spazz.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • What an odd thing to say. My car's parked in view of my house, but I almost never look at it on purpose.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • My point was, if you're going out of your way to park your vehicle in view of a window, you're probably the kind of person who'll check if it's there in passing.
      Me, I park as close as I can to the house, sightlines be damned.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Reminds me of my gran, everytime i go visit her "where's you car? is it at top of garden?" "no gran it's at the end of the block". "couldn't you get it any closer?" "no, it'll be alright there".

I assumed your bike was in your back yard or something. I take it this isn't possible then.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Eggy says:
      I assumed your bike was in your back yard or something. I take it this isn't possible then.

it is, but its a 2 man job to get it in and out.

the bike was on the opposite side of the road so i could see it, not watch it. just means a quick glance out of the side windows of the house and i know its there, also when i open or close my curtains i can see it.

a girl at work says her mates R1 (stupidly fast street racer) was stolen from sheffield uni despite it being locked to a cycle rack, they have it on CCTV where a man in a van turns up, gets out a pneumatic road digger, smashes up the road, pulls rack out of the ground and puts the bike in the back of the van. no one asked him what he was up to, including the security guys who were watching him all the time. all in the middle of the day.
    •  EggyEggy
    • fat lot of good having security then!

2 man job ain't so great then. problem is you can't be watching your bike all the time your not riding it and it's not that hard to take off with, bastards you can't have owt thesedays EVEN if it's nailed down.
    •  PodgePodge
    • i'm getting a dog that fires a shotgun to protect my new one.

having it within site of the window means it never went more than say a couple of hours without me glancing it (i like looking out side regardless), if it had been out of site, i may not have noticed it was stolen until it was time for work on Monday
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • See my problem is I
      a) hate the outside
      b) hate my street
      and c) dont mind if my car gets nicked cos then I can get a better one
    •  PodgePodge
    • mine has been found, it was recovered about 100 yards from my house at 9am the next morning, why it took them 5 days to tell me this i have no idea. i now have to sort all the bloody insurance / recovery jazz
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Everyone, don't tell Podge this, but I snuck back to the house and moved his bike round the corner while we were out. Japes!
    •  PodgePodge
    • i'll snuck back and get you on first name terms with Auto Windscreens if you like.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • You can try, but I'll just mumble, look at my shoes and avoid conversation.

Forums - General Chat - Some Tw*t Stole My Motorbike Last Night