Menu
    •  soundcity120fuzzsoundcity120fuzz
    • Hello all!

This is my first post, so apologies in advance if I've broken some unspoken code of posting here! Anyways, I post on the DFFD board under the name Subcutaneous Drone, fuck all's happening there and I was told I might be able to find someone here, so here's my spiel:

I'm guitarist looking for musicians (DRUMMER big priority, but of course also bass an vox) to play with on a weekly basis in the London area... I live in Hammersmith, so if you're reachable on the tube (within reason) I'm up for it...

I'd like to play slow to midpaced, no other real request...

Though I'd like to play music influenced by the following if possible:

VITUS
      PENTAGRAM (US)
      GUITAR WOLF
      ACID EATER
      OGRE
      CACTUS

And of course other stuff too (I also love the death side of doom but never envisaged myself playing it, but never say never!), but those spring to mind immediately. I DO NOT want to play in an EHG/GRIEF style sludge band, it's done by so many but mastered by few. And Vitus are better anyway!

I'm itching to play loud - there's got to be some people out there for fuck's sake!

Thanks in advance!

S
    •  PodgePodge
    • donny is in every other london band, i await him to join this one
    •  CareyCarey
    • No posting codes exist on this forum as far as I'm aware. Welcome! :)
    •  noonenoone
    • I've had no luck trying to start a band in Sheffield for over a year now.
      I'm pretty sure I'm not that unbearable to be around.
      If things continue like this I shall be forced to take up the drums and that won't be nice for anyone concerned.
      Yes , that is a threat.
    •  PodgePodge
    • I'm considering a new band kev. what sort of thing are you after?
    • So is there no-one in London up for a jam????? Come on, fer crying out loud!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • How good does the drumming have to be? I'm sorta stabablisers on my kit still. Could be up for a jam though. Don't really know any of those bands mind... I drum slow real slow.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Podge says:
      donny is in every other london band, i await him to join this one

heh heh I'm only in two Podge.

I'd be interested, but alas my missus will probably punch me in the balls if I did and I honestly don't have the time. Plus, once Koresh get this recording done, we'll be snapped up by a big label and I'll have to dedicate my time to supporting Metallica and touring the world etc.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Donny says:
      Podge says:
      donny is in every other london band, i await him to join this one

heh heh I'm only in two Podge.

I'd be interested, but alas my missus will probably punch me in the balls if I did and I honestly don't have the time. Plus, once Koresh get this recording done, we'll be snapped up by a big label and I'll have to dedicate my time to supporting Metallica and touring the world etc.

EXACTLY!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Its a MR large ostrich on the phone for donny...

Yeah I gotta talk to Mr Hannon... I remind him to lay the tarp down and remove breakable items from the studio... he he!
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • soundcity120fuzz says:
      So is there no-one in London up for a jam????? Come on, fer crying out loud!

Hey Saul if I had the time I'd love to jam. I'll keep my eyes n ears out though. Was there a chance of doing something with Lyndon?
    • WickedWesticle says:
      soundcity120fuzz says:
      So is there no-one in London up for a jam????? Come on, fer crying out loud!

Hey Saul if I had the time I'd love to jam. I'll keep my eyes n ears out though. Was there a chance of doing something with Lyndon?

I dunno man, Lyndon hasn't contacted me, he knows full well that I want to play - it's quite possible that he simply doesn't think I'm good enough, just wish he'd said it right up! Was probably a mistake to give him a copy of my previous band's demo hahahaha. Cheers though Chris, I could probably do with a few guitar lessons from you while we're at it haha!

For those of you that have replied, that sounds awesome!

I shall shoot you a message and see where we stand...

By the way, Koresh fucking rule and are way better than the travesty Metallica have become. Honestly one of the best bands currently doing the rounds in London.
    • Fair enough. I think he's only just properly put Olde Crone to bed so I think he's been hoping to carry that on for a while now. There's gotta be someone out there that wants to play.

Gonna be heading to the Grosvenor tonight if you're around - can't remember who else is playing but there's a couple of bands first gigs - At a Crawl and Toad in the Tree. Chatted to the guys a few times so me and Pete are gonna go check 'em out.
    • No can do mate - got a 5am rising call tomorrow and have loads of work to get through today...

Next time though! How's the new album coming along? Got a release date set?
    • Waiting on artwork at the mo. No date but it should be October. Shouldn't take too long once I've got the artwork back.
    •  MarekMarek
    • (Nice influences, good luck with the project)
    •  AlexRAlexR
    • ultimatekev says:
      I've had no luck trying to start a band in Sheffield for over a year now.
      I'm pretty sure I'm not that unbearable to be around.
      If things continue like this I shall be forced to take up the drums and that won't be nice for anyone concerned.
      Yes , that is a threat.

So how unbearable are you to be around then?! What instrument do you play, and what style you wanting to play? I play bass and I'm looking to some slow and heavy doom! PM me if you/anyone else interested?
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • You could always move up to boro and join me and my serach for a band.
      We'll just have our instruments and a bindle and wander around the north east. You may have to help me carry my drums though ;)

Good luck
      [Edited by Laddeth at 09:33 on 08/09/09]
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • Marek says:
      (Nice influences, good luck with the project)

If sometimes you can't hear me it's because I'm talking in parentheses.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your quest.
    •  MarekMarek
    • (huh?)

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Musicians wanted!