9hz forum alldayer - 08.08.09 - official thread

•  the chapthe chap
    • sounds like a feckin ace day.
      apologies from 4/5 of the spazz....
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Podge says:
      Carey says:
      Podge says:
      the shakespear is for sale, i should buy it.

That would be amazing. I think you'd make an ace landlord.

i keep thinking i would too but then i'm reminded of my naturally unsocial nature and think better of it. I'd be curious of how much they want for it, not that i could afford it anyway.

If I bought it the first thing I would do would be to put some air conditioning upstairs. That was one hot motherfucker.
    •  Dave_AHCWDave_AHCW
    • We all had a really wicked day out. It was ace. Cheers to all the peps that made it happen. Sorry to Flatlands and Koresh, we left after LSD. Didn't fancy a four hour drive back home that late a night. My fault for not organising somewhere to sleep i suppose. Cheers to those that lended gear! And that was my van the Berserkowitz drummer was laying on when I drove off! Crazy fucker, looked liked he really hurt him self when he fell off. Hopefully next time we play I'll be able to remember my own riffs!!! Thanks to all again, it was fun.
      [Edited by Dave_AHCW at 16:50 on 11/08/09]
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Rob Himself says:
      JenTheHen says:
      Ben says:
      JenTheHen says:

I was the self-appointed queen of this gang since I was wearing 100% red. No one seemed impressed with this fact.

I forgot to expand, it was really the red T-shirt blue jeans gang, so sorry you're not one of us :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard from Berserkowitz since?

Fuck you all then.

I'm taking my red dress and starting my own gang.

Mrs Rob thought your red dress was rather fetching. Apologies for not introducing her to many people, she was a bit of a fish out of water amongst all the noisy bands, hence only staying for half of it.

What? I didn't even know she was there. I'm pretty disgusted that I didn't get an introduction.
    •  Big CoatBig Coat
    • Was a good day all round... i particularly enjoyed robs song about emilio estevez... but much fun was had hanging out with the koresh boys after hours... I bought a bottle of jack on the way home and thank fuck i didn't open... i was already pissed enough!

there always must be power ballads to make a good night great!!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Cheers guys I'm back in sort of one piece... backs killing me.
      Was fun... funny playing with EMG and us having to remember the song after two months of not playing together... but wheren't too bad. But who's bloody phone was that... ha ha!
      Seriously... I had a great time. So nice to see so many faces I've not seen in a while.
      Bad points are... I smoked 3 cigs... which is bad after 15 weeks off em.
      Good point going to the bar and the bar lady saying double makers mark on the rocks... I may have had a few then.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • I've not had a solid poo since I got back.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Big Coat says:
      Was a good day all round... i particularly enjoyed robs song about emilio estevez... but much fun was had hanging out with the koresh boys after hours... I bought a bottle of jack on the way home and thank fuck i didn't open... i was already pissed enough!

there always must be power ballads to make a good night great!!

Your ballad selection was second to none Chris.
    •  mambamamba
    • Donny says:
      I've not had a solid poo since I got back.

We had to make an emergency poo stop before even leaving Sheffield. It wasn't pretty. I think I'm back to normal now.
    • My guts felt like a washing machine the next day... but considering being ill of late and it being pretty much a 4 days of drinking and junk food... I feel suprisingly spritley today. I'm eating healthy though all week.
      I enjoyed my double Koresh drinkinz...
      Other highlights...
      Meeting Alan and him being the metal ross nobal was funny, rowing.. why I'm not sure. Watching the drummer from berokwitz going down the road on the front of somebodies van. Getting bought two drinks... the drive to Leeds listening to sisters of mercy full pelt (EMG are dirty goths like myself).
      Thanks Pete, Ben, Amy, I AM PODGE here me roar... and all of you for a super day!
    •  adam flatlandsadam flatlands
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      But who's bloody phone was that... ha ha!

I think you'll find that was Dean Tiger Warsaw...
    • Ha ha! I'll let him off then as he leant me his amp head and reverb pedal... ha ha!
      Tiger Warsaw where one of my favourite acts of the day. They did a grand job opening!
    •  PodgePodge
    • i think thats the best i've ever seen Tiger Warsaw.
    • I think they're a great band... mutterings of a collaboration between me and them started later that day too.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • i don't think I met Alan. Or Grym.

If I did thought, please say so. I may have been a bit tipsy.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Podge says:
      i think thats the best i've ever seen Tiger Warsaw.

Best and only for me. Traded an EP for their new one and it's very good!
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Ben says:

Has anyone heard from Berserkowitz since?

Steve was amazing that day. He pissed me off at the time by being so bloody useless and unresponsive to meaningful comminication, but I've forgiven him and have come to find the tale hilarious. He didn't stop after he left Shakey either. He ended up losing his phone in some forgotten corner of Maltby and then getting it back the next day after it had been run over several times. The man has some sort of insane stamina that allows him to keep being loco long after a normal human would have passed out or died from alchohol poisoning.

Anyway, we had a top day all in all. The bands I saw were mint, especially AHCW who blew me away, and it was a pleasure to play at the Shakey again even with all the stage/gear issues.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • yep. seen em and they're NOT pretty.
    •  CareyCarey
    • The contrast between photo 94 and photo 95 is pretty special.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - 9hz forum alldayer - 08.08.09 - official thread