Menu

Forums - General Chat

Ashes 2009

•  mambamamba
    • 194/3 at tea. 50 each for KP and Colly.

Any cricket lovers still around here?

edit: Keep out Mazz. ;)
      [Edited by mamba at 15:02 on 08/07/09]
    •  MazzMazz
    • I'm actually following it on the BBC website :p
      [Edited by Mazz at 15:19 on 08/07/09]
    •  PetePete
    • I love cricket. I just wish I had Sky. Or more to the point, ECB hadn't sold it's soul to them. BBC radio on instead...
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • watch it on the internet, justin.tv will have a channel
    •  PodgePodge
    • I'm sure Si and Andy wouldn't mind you popping round here to watch it now we have sky.

I don't understand it at all
    •  mambamamba
    • I've been watching under my dad's login on Sky Player.

Just need to figure a way of watching on the tv without taking my computer in the other room.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • I want to go to a game!!!
      I love cricket.
    •  mambamamba
    • I'm going to the ODI at the Rose Bowl in September.

Sky Player is the way forward for watching games. I'm waiting for a tap on the shoulder from IT for rinsing the bandwidth though!
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • agreed with pete, loved the ch4 coverage in 2005

sky not as good

bbc radio is excellent as usual...
    •  Big CoatBig Coat
    • not looking good at the moment... the aussies have shown a gritty resiliance that was sadly lacking from our batsmen.. still it's looking like a draw with rain forecast tomorrow then a day the piss about (or throw our wickets away) likely

still hopeful for the rest of the series... the pitch has been a massive let down for me... far too flat and slow after all the predictions of it being a result surface

on a happy note tho... virgin are giving £1000 everytime an english batsman makes a half centuary so £3000 already donated!
    •  Kev Hit DrumKev Hit Drum
    • sabbathfan says:
      agreed with pete, loved the ch4 coverage in 2005

sky not as good

quote]

Sky Sports coverage of all sports is second to none. You may not like them for what they've done making the football premier league a haven for mercenary footballers, but their coverage and presentation far outstrips anything on terrestrial tv. Remember how crappy sports used to be before Sky came along? Cricket was one of the worst - go look at youtube.

Anyway, looks like rain all day - probably not a bad thing considering the current position. Let's get over to Lords, get big Stevie Harmison battering the aussies from all angles. :)
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Just a shame Sky have shit commentators, really. That's why Channel 4's cricket coverage was so good, they had Sky's technical quality and BBC standard commentators. I think listening to Mike Atherton might actually be a cure for insomnia.
      This match = draw. Neither side has the bowlers to get the other lot out quick enough for a result. This could well be a pattern for the series, unless Headingley or Edgbaston has a mental wicket prepared.
    • Best cricket commentator?

Henry Blofeld.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Very true. Sky pictures, TMS audio, that's the way forward.
    •  PetePete
    • I could get pictures of this exciting end on dodgy internet sites, but the commentary on BBC radio from Blofeld and Boycott right now is amazing and I wouldn't want to swap it. Anderson just hit a 4 and the way Blofeld described it made the hairs stand on end.

Come on Collingwood! One hour to survive!
      [Edited by Pete at 17:00 on 12/07/09]
    •  PetePete
    • shit
    • *punches air, offers high five*

well, that was almost as good as a win in the end.
      :)
      [Edited by Kev Hit Drum at 18:01 on 12/07/09]
    •  mambamamba
    • A psychological win anyway. I traded sky player for test match special as i was cooking dinner. Awesome finish!
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Ponting is going to get crucified by the Aussie press. Mind you, that'll be little comfort if we get nilled in the series, which is looking likely on the evidence seen so far.
    •  mambamamba
    • Early wicket this morning. We've got to do this now.

Forums - General Chat - Ashes 2009