Menu

Forums - General Chat

Laser Cosmos - amazing projector

•  LaddethLaddeth
    • Could the 100 quid that cost not been better spent?
      I mean if you wanted to look at stars could you not have just, I dunno, gone outside at night?
    •  JackJack
    • I can see the appeal, pretty ace
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • That look spretty cool. :O
    •  DonnyDonny
    • How easy is it

a) buy

b) program

c) project to screen

one of those oscillator things. I fucking want one. it would be sci-fi doom-mungus
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Laddeth says:

Could the 100 quid that cost not been better spent?
      I mean if you wanted to look at stars could you not have just, I dunno, gone outside at night?

Or rip the roof off the venues you play in? heh heh
    •  JackJack
    • what do you mean by oscillator? You mean something that reacts to sound?
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Jack Dickinson says:

what do you mean by oscillator? You mean something that reacts to sound?

Jack I have no idea. One of those green things. With wavey lines. And a little screen.
    •  JackJack
    • i could make you a dvd that loops with that effect on it which you could play through a projector. To make it react to sound though you would be looking at running a line into a laptop using something made in quartz composer which is a little mac app that lets you do such things
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Cheers Jack, will look into it some more. Just something I have a passing interest in rather than an actual likelyhood of me doing anything with it...
    •  JackJack
    • More visuals the better I think. That would be a cool idea, a big green oscillating line that moves to the sub frequencies
    •  DonnyDonny
    • I seem to remember seeing people do crazy shit with them, producing pictures etc with the lines to music.

Granted, that may have been a dream.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Hopkins says:

Laddeth says:

Could the 100 quid that cost not been better spent?

Or rip the roof off the venues you play in? heh heh

Touche!
      Yeah a sound reactive oscilloscope projector would be cool. If a little Trance music-y.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Toner Low used windows media player
    •  tom.atom.a
    • we should start trying to find ways for more bands to be able to play with visuals or try and find ways to project films behind bands so the bands playing would be sound tracvking the film, it could be fun or it could be terrible depending on what bands and films.
    •  JackJack
    • Expensive bit is the projector and the bulbs, luckily I borrow these from work
    •  MarekMarek
    • This laser thing is way better than you think, real stars are amazing but you can't have them covering your entire room, back of the stage, DJ booth whatever... I've said too much I should save the magick!
    •  RamoRamo
    • Is it really that good? From the pic it looks like cheap plastic nonsense and they dont exactly showcase its capabilities.

Forums - General Chat - Laser Cosmos - amazing projector