Menu
    •  MazzMazz
    • FDFC says:

Special mention to SEBASTIAN FUCKING BACH who brought the thunder at Download. AMIRIGHT?

YOUARERIGHT
    •  OllieOllie
    • I've only been to one gig that I haven't played at...Thin Lizzy with Clutch supporting so I'll pick that one.
    •  GrymGrym
    • Everything Went Heavier (Helvis FTW as I believe the internetz say)
      Down/Orange Goblin
      Helmet
      Biohazard (oddly enough)

And all being well, Red Fang on Thursday should round that up to 5.
    •  bosskeloidbosskeloid
    • RED FANG!!! They were unbelievable in London last night so that is a new one for me!!
    •  funkynoisefunkynoise
    • Always a tricky one this, here's a small list from me

Rammstein LG Arena - probably the best arena show I've ever witnessed.
      Lawnmower Deth, Anthrax and Hell at Hammerfest
      Yob, Sleep & Slayer - Ally Pally
      Saint Vitus - Academy 3
      Amenra - Damnation
      Testament - HMV Ritz
      Neds Atomic Dustbin - Wolves Civic
      Graveyard - Ruby Lounge

•  PetePete
    • funkynoise says:

Graveyard - Ruby Lounge

Agreed
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Meant to go to far more gigs this year than I did, laziness and being preoccupied with stuff mainly.

Best ones though:

Electric Wizard at the Forum in March - great to re-acquaint myself with them again and the projections were awesome

Primordial at the Islington Academy - one of the most intense live bands around, just totally amazing

Black Sabbath [well 3/4 of them], Soundgarden and Megadeth at Download on the Sunday. Sabbath were great, best time I've seen them with Ozzy. Soundgarden I was just amazed to witness as I didn't think they'd reform, and Megadeth are always good live even though I'm only a minor fan.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • Sleep is my gig of the year i think, just so heavy

Karma to burn at desert fest, awesome atmosphere and some boobs on stage!

And as said above Primordial never even heard of them before the gig but they where brill at damnation

Howard marks in Doncaster was interesting, probably the most low bro Q&A after his show ever.

Spotted a few of you guys on my travels to which is always nice :-)
    •  mikemike
    • funkynoise says:
      Amenra - Damnation

This, was in a trance watching that.

Same goes for MDB.
    •  slomoslomo
    • Roxette - Wembley Arena
    •  cotton hillcotton hill
    • Sleep - Leeds Stylus.
      This edged it over the Ally Pally for me due to the projections they had, even though Cisneros marched off stage in a tantrum over sound issues.

Acid King/Saint Vitus - Manchester Academy.
      Pentagram - Manchester Academy.

Hank Williams III - Manchester Academy.
      Played an hour of country and hellbilly, then 45 minutes of doom, then 45 minutes of his cattle callin' project, which is basically crazy thrash metal with random samples from cattle auctioneers looped over it. Definitely the hardest working musician I've seen in a long time. The evening was exhausting, but really fulfilling and it was great to see how many punk fans left during the doom set.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Going to have to add My Dying Bride last Friday to the list I think, great show
    •  mikemike
    • sabbathfan says:
      Going to have to add My Dying Bride last Friday to the list I think, great show

They were untouchable at Damnation.
    •  funkynoisefunkynoise
    • Seeing Black Magician at The Star & Garter in Manchester was also quite memorable. They supported Ides of Gemini, who were also very good.
    •  mikemike
    • Is it wrong that I think of literally a kids' conjurer when I read that band name?
    •  alanalan
    • mike says:
      Is it wrong that I think of literally a kids' conjurer when I read that band name?

Someone definitely needs to form a band with a magician in it.
    •  OllieOllie
    • alan says:
      mike says:
      Is it wrong that I think of literally a kids' conjurer when I read that band name?

Someone definitely needs to form a band with a magician in it.

Ali Bong-o)))
    •  riot-seasonriot-season

• Motorpsycho @ The Garage
      Low @ Glee Club, Birmingham
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i went to another gig last night. third of the year i think.

missed gurt :(

xii boar were great as always

but stubb are ridiculously good now. first time seeing them for about 18 months and i was blown away.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • I saw The Avett Brothers last night. It was amazing.

I didn't think they'd be able to play their music in an arena but they were unbelievably good.
      [Edited by FDFC at 18:08 on 01/01/13]

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Gigs of the year