Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

HEAVY band you want to see in Sheff

•  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Quickly need a small venue headline quality heavy ass band for a gig. Think like Toner Low for that Red House gig.

Anyone got any recommendations or want to volunteer?

I was thinking Raging Speedhorn (if they're still going), AOTM (though they've just played Sheff), Centurions Ghost etc..

Cmon, throw em at me, while I'm away all weekend. I'll expect a healthy amount by time I get back :P:cool:
    •  drewmillwarddrewmillward
    • Raging Speed horn are still going. They asked to be my 'friend' om myspace the other week. I thought they had disappeared a long time ago.
    •  EggyEggy
    • paradise lost, stand up guy, february solution, botch, ISOR.
    •  mikemike
    • Eggy says:

stand up guy

Should be here in September.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • ragin speedhorn wil cost you a garuntee. not keen on the idea myself. what about.... . . . . . . . . . . . . .playing the theme tune to trap door through the p.a?

thats free(so long as we keep it under our hats and away from those copy right police......tha nos)
    •  AlecAlec
    • red stars parade?
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Body Count Body motherfuckin' Count!

just kiddin', most of the bands I'd like to see are beyond our means.

For instance, I'd really like to see the Melvins lay waste to the small room at Corp but its never going to happen, or Mammatus at the Red House, or Bongzilla in someone's garage, or Electric Wizard full stop. or Moss.

Actually, I'd really like to see that band Bong in Sheffield. Someone make it happen.

•  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Tom P says:

Body Count Body motherfuckin' Count!

For instance, I'd really like to see the Melvins lay waste to the small room at Corp but its never going to happen, or Mammatus at the Red House, or Bongzilla in someone's garage, or Electric Wizard full stop. or Moss.

Actually, I'd really like to see that band Bong in Sheffield. Someone make it happen.

Yeah Bong would be great - let's make it happen!! Moss, Electric Wizard, The Heads - any fat fuzzy dirty bands would be awesome!!:)
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Smockboy25 says:

Tom P says:

Body Count Body motherfuckin' Count!

Yeah Bong would be great - let's make it happen!! Moss, Electric Wizard, The Heads - any fat fuzzy dirty bands would be awesome!!:)

Bong of California?

All the others apart from possibly Moss would be out of range for this gig.
    •  EggyEggy
    • mike says:

Eggy says:

stand up guy

Should be here in September.

Cool! :)

...As long as they aren't playing the 13th or the 20th.

Raging speedhorn are about finished, plus they aren't heavy anymore are they.

Electric wizard.
    •  CareyCarey
    • i'd like to see bong as well. and gruel.

most of the heavy bands i'd like to see and haven't seem to be american. i think i might have to go over there rather than hope they play sheffield...
    •  Tom PTom P
    • I feel the same way.

Bong are from the UK though.
    •  CareyCarey
    • indeed. and so are gruel, as far as i know.

i meant all the others apart from them.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • not heard or seen bong but gruel.........those guys are good. just make sure your havnt planned to visit anywhere respectable after the show as you may find yourself covered in fake blood. and it dont come off so easy.

me and steve got the blunt of it at heavyfest....was good but.....sticky lol
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Someone needs to put White Fang on in Sheff as well. They're heavy.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • where they from
    •  PetePete
    • Leeds. And they're ace.
    •  PetePete
    • A band I would love to see in Sheffield, as I've never seent them here, is Orange Goblin.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Leeds I think. Drew who posted at the top of the page is part of them if I'm right, check out the myspace
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • i may just do that..... orange goblin would be ace.
      in the mean time..........check out this unlucky fella
      http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/agermoses/fun60.jpg

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - HEAVY band you want to see in Sheff